Servant (Oberyn Martell x male!reader)

(It has been a long time since I've written a specifically male!reader O.o)

Y/N hated this. He absolutely hated it. He was so uncomfortable. He wasn't a spy! He was merely a servant. So why in all seven heavens and hells did he agree to do this? Oh right...Tywin and Cersei threatened his employment and therefore, his way of living. So that was how he found himself standing in Petyr Baelish's brothel trying to find Prince Oberyn of Dorne.

The discomfort crept into Y/N's flesh and bones as he made his way toward the room one of the whores indicated. Y/N looked straight ahead, desperate not to see anything more than he had to. It wasn't that he was ill at ease with any type of sexuality. He'd had his own fair share of women and men, though he did tend to prefer one over the other most of the time. That didn't mean he wanted to be surrounded by sex-crazed, scantily clad(if even that) people all the time.

When Y/N entered the room where Oberyn was staying, he wanted to turn around and leave right then. Before he'd even set eyes on the prince, his gaze was blocked by several nude whores, mostly women, but there was a male as well. A feminine voice spoke, pulling Y/N back to reality as he hoped his presence hadn't been noticed yet.

"She's timid. Timid is boring." A deep chuckle followed the statement. As whores shifted this way and that, Y/N caught sight of a beautiful woman. He knew she must have come with Oberyn. She definitely wasn't a woman who worked in a brothel. Her gaze met Y/N's and she smiled. "My Prince, it seems Lord Baelish has provided another man for us to see. Why didn't he send him earlier, I'd like to know. He's beautiful to look at." As soon as she said it, Oberyn moved into Y/N's line of sight.

Y/N felt his breath leave his body. Now he was in serious trouble. Oberyn was not only one of the most handsome men he'd ever seen, but there was something about him. He drew Y/N in like a moth to a flame. "You are right, Ellaria. My paramour has an eye for such beauty. Who are you?" Clearing his throat, Y/N bowed slightly.

"Y/N, Prince Oberyn. The Queen Regent has offered my services to you as your personal servant and liaison." He felt Oberyn's thumb and forefinger cup his chin. Oberyn gently tilted his head back up so he could gaze into his eyes. "Is that right?" Y/N nodded slightly. Oberyn's lips upturned slightly into a smirk, his dark eyes never leaving Y/N's face. How was Y/N ever going to do his job now?

Y/N remained in the brothel with Oberyn for weeks, only leaving when the prince absolutely had to make the trek up to the Red Keep. Any time they would make the journey, Oberyn would make conversation. At first, Y/N tried to maintain an appropriate distance and relationship. He was merely a servant after all. But after a while, that became more difficult. It was nearly impossible for him not to get along with Oberyn which is what made his job that much harder. Not that there was anything to report.

Whenever he was in the Keep, Cersei and Tywin would pull him aside, demanding that he gave them something, anything, they could hold over the prince. Y/N would simply shrug and tell them there was nothing to report which wasn't a complete lie. He knew Oberyn wanted revenge, but had yet to speak of any plans to exact said revenge. In fact, Y/N had pretty much given up the idea of spying the moment he set foot in the brothel so he would have nothing to tell anyway.

Cersei and her father left in a huff, once again threatening Y/N's employment until he left with Oberyn again. And all the while, Y/N was forming his own plan to get out of King's Landing. There was only one thing holding him back.

The longer Oberyn remained in the capitol, the more difficult is was for Y/N. There was absolutely no denying that he was falling in love with the prince. And Ellaria was a true friend as well. She seemed to know exactly what was happening between Y/N and Oberyn and had even gone so far as to approach Y/N about it.

Y/N stuttered out an apology, but Ellaria merely laughed. "You people here are so...traditional in your thinking. I am not upset. In fact, I quite like the idea. You are different than the other men that have captured Oberyn's attention. You love him for him, not for how he looks or the title he bears. We knew from the moment you appeared why you were here. And yet, I also know that you have reported nothing you've seen or heard to Cersei."

Y/N's eyes widened in fear. "You knew?" She nodded and Y/N continued, "Please believe that I never wanted this and after meeting you both, I refused to go through with what Cersei and Tywin wanted. You're right. I love Oberyn. I know it is not my place-" A laugh cut off Y/N's apology. Y/N felt himself stiffen. He knew Oberyn was behind him. He turned to face the prince, only to have a pair of arms wrap around him.

"There are few things you should never apologize for," Oberyn spoke softly as his nearly black eyes met Y/N's (e/c) ones, "One of those things is loving someone." Y/N felt his heart nearly beating out of his chest. He wasn't exactly pinned to Oberyn's chest. The prince had left enough slack in his arms that Y/N could step away if he wanted to. He didn't. He could feel the heat radiating off Oberyn and he soaked in like a flower.

"I would like to kiss you, Y/N," he whispered as Y/N heard the sound of a door closing. Ellaria had obviously left the room to give the two men some time alone. "Really?" Y/N asked. His voice was hardly above a whisper. Oberyn nodded. "If you are agreeable." Y/N chuckled a bit. As a servant, it wasn't often he was asked for his consent about anything. In answer, Y/N surged forward and crashed his lips against Oberyn's. It was everything he thought it would be and so much more.