The Announcement(Jaime Lannister x fem!reader)

(Modern AU/last generation of Targaryens are alive{Rhaegar, Viserys, and Dany})

When you and Jaime had first gotten married, things between your families were okay. A little strained, but okay. Since then, they'd gone completely downhill. Your family absolutely HATED Jaime's. They hated the Lannisters so much, they had tried to convince you to divorce Jaime multiple times. Viserys was the worst. Rhaegar was a little better. He didn't blame Jaime for Tywin's decisions. But all in all, the Lannisters and the Targaryens did not get along well at all. So why did you think hosting a dinner for everyone was such a great idea?

"Darling, you mustn't stress yourself," Jaime cooed softly as you ran your brush through your hair roughly for what was probably the hundredth time. "I can't help it, Jaime. You just know that Viserys is going to say something idiotic while Dany pretends to be the angel. Cersei...well let's not get into that. And your father is going to be pissed that we kept this from them for so long."

Jaime sighed as he bent down slightly to rest his chin on your shoulder and his hands on your belly. "And after they are done being angry, they will be thrilled. This pregnancy is a good thing, love." You smiled a little. Your husband had a way with words when you were stressed or anxious. "I know it is. I love you, you know that don't you?" Jaime chuckled and kissed your cheek. "I love you too. Now come on. Don't want to be late for our own dinner," he replied as the doorbell rang.

*a couple hours later*

You rubbed your temples in frustration. From almost the moment everyone sat down to eat, your families had been arguing. You looked at Jaime across the table and he gave you a small, sheepish smile. "I love you," he mouthed. You sighed and returned to your food. Or rather you tried to you. Nausea had set in and you pushed your plate away.

"I don't blame you, dear sister. Eating with the Lannisters has put me off my appetite as well." You balled your fists in your lap. "Viserys, shut up. As a matter of fact, all of you just be frickin' quiet to two seconds!" Everyone looked at you in surprise, even Jaime. You had finally snapped. It had taken a while, but it finally happened.

You stood up as the room stayed silent. You placed your hands on the table and sighed heavily. "We did not invite you here to listen to you argue or make disparaging comments." You glared at Viserys during the last part. "We didn't invite you to have to play peacemaker between you. We are all one family now and I suggest you start acting like or you will NEVER get to see your nieces or nephews...or grandchildren in Tywin's case."

The air in the room was completely still as everyone seemed to realize what you were saying. "Y/N, are-are you pregnant?" You nodded as you lifted up your shirt slightly to reveal the smallest of bumps. "Fourteen weeks. The doctor says it looks like triplets. We'll know for certain in another month and a half or so." For a moment, no one said anything. Then Rhaegar's lips upturned to a smile.

"This is wonderful! I am so happy for you, Y/N. And you as well, Jaime." Dany smiled as well. Even Tywin and Cersei were smiling. "I propose a toast," Tyrion said, holding up his glass, "To my brother and sister-in-law and their children. May they always remain happy and healthy. May they always know they are loved and protected."

"Hear hear!" Rhaegar said. You felt tears pricking your eyes as you sank back down into your chair. "Congratulations, Y/N," Viserys grumbled before pushing away from the table and leaving the room. "Don't worry about him," Rhaegar assured you, "He's pissed because he won't be the center of attention anymore." You laughed lightly. At least the mood in the room was lifted.

"Children are wonderful," Cersei whispered to you. You were surprised she was speaking to you at all. "Truly...Y/N, I know things between us have always been strained. I want you to know it was only to protect Jaime. I didn't think anyone could love him enough to see passed all his faults, especially after he lost his hand. But you did. And now you are giving him the greatest gift anyone could receive. At least that is my opinion of it. Thank you." She reached over and gave your hand a squeeze before turning her attention over to the rest of the table.

Your eyes met Jaime's and he smiled at you again. Around you, the table buzzed with the good news and how everyone couldn't wait to meet the little ones. You only had eyes for Jaime though. He was everything you ever wanted. He was kind and loving. He was strong and protective. He would be a great father and the very thought of him holding your children brought a smile to your face that wouldn't leave for the rest of the evening.