For You (Jaime Lannister x fem!reader)

(Based off the song "For You" by Rita Ora ft. Liam Payne.)

Love was never anything you were looking for. In your eyes, love was a trap. It was something sold in a pretty package to entice young men and women to marry and provide heirs. You have never wanted that. Love wasn't in the cards for a woman like you. That is, until you met Jaime freakin' Lannister.

Something about Jaime made you feel...alive. He made you feel vibrant and beautiful. And even though he had a terrible past, you couldn't help but see the good and beautiful man he was inside. The feeling you got around the man was a feeling of home. And when he held you? It was as if every fear you'd ever had just disappeared. Little by little, Jaime was changing every single thought you'd ever had about love. You wanted him. You wanted to dive right in and never come up for air.

In your eyes, I'm alive
Inside you're beautiful
Something so unusual
In your eyes
I know I'm home (yeah)
Every tear, every fear
Gone with the thought of you
Changing what I thought I knew
I'll be yours for a thousand lives

I'm free as a bird
When I'm flying in your cage
I'm diving in deep
And I'm riding with no brakes
And I'm bleeding in love
You're swimming in my veins
You got me now

Been waiting for a lifetime for you
Been breaking for a lifetime for you
Wasn't looking for love 'til I found you
Ooh na-na ayy
For love, 'til I found you (oh)

When you were with Jaime, you didn't feel trapped. You felt free. Jaime made you see things you hadn't even know you were looking for. And now every time you thought of joy or love, Jaime's face swam inside your head. He was your own personal air supply that you had been waiting a lifetime for and hadn't even realized it.

Skin to skin
Breathe me in
Feeling your kiss on me
Lips are made of ecstasy
I'll be yours for a thousand lives (for a thousand lives)

Jaime felt the same way about you as you did about him. He would never get tired of your lips on his. He would never forget the feeling of your skin pressed up against his. The little gasps that fell from your lips when Jaime kissed you senseless wouldn't leave him even in his dreams. From the first moment you confessed that you loved him, he knew that he would never belong to anyone else.

Unlike you, Jaime had known love. Or at least thought he had. But you came into his life and turned it on its ear. Never before had he felt so trapped and yet so free at the same time. He was trapped, a prisoner, in those damned (e/c) of yours and the words of love you always whispered to him. And yet, whenever you said those words, Jaime felt as though nothing could hold him back. You were his strength and his reason for believing in a real love.

I'm free as a bird
When I'm flying in your cage (so lost)
I'm diving in deep
And I'm riding with no brakes (no no)
And I'm bleeding in love
You're swimming in my veins
You've got me now (now)

Been waiting for a lifetime for you
Been breaking for a lifetime for you
Wasn't looking for love 'til I found you
Ooh na-na ayy
For love, 'til I found you (oh)

You let out a soft sigh as you snuggled closer to Jaime, pulling him from his thoughts. "You're quiet tonight," he mused and you laughed. "So are you." Jaime hummed before tightening his arms around you. Another sigh left you. "What is going through that pretty head of yours?" you asked him. Jaime glanced down at you with a smile.

"You. You came into my life when I least expected it. You made me fall in love with you when I was dead set against it. But I needed you. You gave me hope and love and freedom, things I didn't know I wanted, but things I was looking for. I love you, Y/N. I don't think I could ever love anyone else this way. Nothing about this was expected, but gods help me if I don't adore every single moment."
Been waiting for a lifetime for you
Been breaking for a lifetime for you
Wasn't looking for love 'til I found you
Ooh na-na ayy
For love, 'til I found you (oh)

I'm free as a bird
When I'm flying in your cage
I'm diving in deep
And I'm riding with no brakes
I'm bleeding in love
You're swimming in my veins
You've got me now

Been waiting for a lifetime for you
Been breaking for a lifetime for you
Wasn't looking for love 'til I found you
Ooh na-na ayy
For love, 'til I found you (oh)
Been waiting for a lifetime for you (oh yeah)
Been breaking for a lifetime for you
Wasn't looking for love 'til I found you
Ooh na-na ayy
For love, 'til I found you (oh)
Wasn't looking for love 'til I found you
Ooh na-na ayy
For love, 'til I found you (oh)

You were silent for a moment before a bright smile painted your lips and tears gathered in your eyes. "Would you believe that I was thinking the same thing? I feel like I was waiting an eternity for you even though I thought love was a ridiculous story. I didn't want or need it until you showed me what it truly was. You love me for who I am and all my faults, just as I do you. You've become such a precious part of my world."

Jaime sat up, pulling you with him. He gently wiped away a tear and kissed your forehead. For a while, the two of you sat there, looking at one another, lost in each other's eyes and the feeling of being together. As you gazed in to Jaime's green eyes, you knew you never wanted to lose that feeling. "Marry me," you whispered. Jaime's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. Then, a soft smile spread across his lips as he answered, "I thought that was my line." You laughed before playfully hitting him with a pillow.