Out of Harm's Way (Tommen Baratheon x fem!reader)

You were too young to be married. You were too young to be queen. You were too young for any of it and now? Now you discovered that you were carrying the king's child inside you. You felt like throwing up. You only wondered how Tommen would take the news. You were the same age after all and you didn't think either of you were ready for children yet. Still, you knew you had to tell him sooner rather than later.

The guards opened the door for you and you froze. "Oh, forgive me. I didn't realize the Small Council was meeting. I'll come back later." Tommen smiled at you. "We were finished, actually." The Council all smiled at you. They liked you and thought you were a good queen and a good match for Tommen. All except Cersei, but you supposed that was protective mother instinct.

You breathed a small sigh of relief when the Council left the room. Tommen turned his attention to you with a smile. "Did you need to speak with me?" Swallowing thickly, you nodded. "I-I, that is, I'm pregnant." Tommen froze, his green eyes staring at you intently. "Really?" You nodded. "Yes. I am certain of it." For a moment, Tommen's face looked at scared as you felt.

"T-That's great. Really." You smiled sadly and took his head in yours. "I understand. I'm scared too." Tommen nodded before straightening his back. "We'll be fine. But from now on, you will have a guard with you everywhere you go. There are some people who are still angry because of my brother. I need you to be protected. When I am not with you, you will have personal guard. Your own sworn shield." You wanted to argue. You already felt like a prisoner half the time. But Tommen had that determined look in his eyes and you knew your argument would be useless.

"I know exactly who it should be." Tommen called for a guard and told him to fetch Jaime. "Tommen, Your Grace, surely your uncle has better things to do and more important people to protect that me," you tried to reason. It wasn't that you disliked Jaime, but the man was one of the best knights in the realm. He couldn't possibly want to look after you.

"Nonsense. Nothing is more important than your safety and the safety of our child, Y/N. I-I don't think I could do this without you. You give me strength." Tommen took your hands in his and rest his forehead against yours. "I know I seem scared, and maybe overprotective, but I need you safe. I need you out of harm's way." You felt yourself nodding before you even had time to think.

Jaime entered a moment later, interrupting your moment with your husband. "You asked to see me, Your Grace?" Tommen nodded before pressing a kiss to the backs of both your hands. He let you go and faced Jaime fully. "The queen is under your protection until further notice. If she is not with me, you are to be by her side at all times." Jaime's brows furrowed and Tommen sighed. "Sorry. I really need you, Uncle. Y/N is," he paused, glancing back at you as if to ask permission. At your nod, he continued, "Y/N is pregnant. Until the child is born, she needs constant protection. There are still some who defy the crown and I don't want Y/N or the baby put in danger. Can you do this for me?"

Jaime looked so proud then, almost as if he were about to cry. "Of course, Your Grace. Whatever you need, you know I am at your service." He turned to you and bowed. "You as well. It will be my honor to serve and protect you and the heir to the Iron Throne." You gave him a smile. "Thank you, Ser Jaime. I should like to speak to my husband privately for a bit longer, but I swear I will not step any further than the doors unless you or Tommen are by my side. If only to keep you both from worrying so much."

The two men shared a laugh before Jaime left again. You turned back to Tommen and took one of his hands once more. Hesitantly, Tommen reached his other hand toward your belly. He again silent permission, which you granted. He placed his hand over your stomach. "Our babe is there?" You nodded as tears sprang into his eyes. "Thank you, Y/N. Thank you for being there. Thank you for giving me this. And swear to all the gods that I will love and protect you and our child for the rest of my life." You sniffled a bit, moved by his words. "I know you will and I love you for it."