Forgotten (Beric Dondarrion x reader)

Sometimes you hated that Beric was a warrior for the Lord of Light. It was nothing against the possible god himself. You just hated that this deity seemed to need Beric so much. Piece by piece, Beric was being taken from you and you hated it. Especially now.

Thoros stood from his spot next to Beric after bringing him back from the dead...again. You swore that man died every other week. Alright, you were exaggerating, but it felt like that sometimes. Normally, you'd give him a few minutes, silently tending to his more minor wounds. But this time, something was different.

A hand held your wrist in an iron grip. You glanced up into Beric's eye in surprise. "Who are you?" Those three words had your world crashing down around you. Surely he couldn't be serious? You glanced at Thoros who looked just as surprised as you. While it was normal for Beric to forget or lose parts of his personality when he came back, he'd never forgotten the people in his life before. He'd never forgotten you.

"Beric...it's me. Y/N?" Beric's brows furrowed. He looked to Thoros as well who, to his credit, managed to stay calm while you were breaking down inside. "I'll explain it to him, Y/N. Go on." As you moved to walk passed, he handed you his ever-ready flask. You chuckled and took it from him. You had a feeling you would need it in the coming weeks.

Those weeks flew by and turned into months. Beric still didn't remember you. In fact, he practically avoided you at all cost which upset you greatly. You were in love with this man and he couldn't even be around you. What had happened in his brain the last time he'd died? You didn't know. What you did know was that your heart continued to break every day he didn't remember you.

"You know, I never knew how much you loved him," Thoros said casually one evening when you were sitting by the fire. Since Beric's little accident, Thoros had been spending more time with you. He was the only reason you weren't going mad. "I still love him, Thoros. I probably always will. I just can't keep living like this."

Thoros didn't get a chance to reply when Beric was suddenly in front of you both. "Thoros, I need you to do something for me." His voice was sharp, much sharper than you'd heard from him before, and his remaining eye had a dangerous glint in it. Was that...jealousy? Or anger? Thoros arched a brow, but didn't say anything as he rose from his place next to you.

That behavior continued for a while, but Beric still said nothing to you. Whenever you tried to talk to him, he either didn't reply or it ended in an argument. And yet, he didn't seem to want you talking to any of the others either. Any time you spent more than a few moments talking with them that wasn't about training, Beric would find some excuse to pull them away from you. If you hadn't known better, you would have said he was jealous. But he still didn't remember who you were and he didn't trust you. So why would he be jealous?

"I have an idea," Thoros said to you after another two weeks of getting nothing from Beric. "What is that?" you asked, not looking up from the sword you were currently sharpening. Thoros scooted a little closer to you until your knees touched. You glanced up at him, arching a brow. "What are you doing?"

"Thoros, the new recruits are asking about the Lord of Light. I thought it best that you answer their questions." Beric's voice cut off Thoros' reply. Thoros grinned and turned away from you. He knew there were no such questions. Beric just wanted him away from you. Thoros had noticed and knew if he pushed enough, Beric would end up spending time with you instead and hopefully he'd get his memories back. Or at the very least, he could create new memories with you.

"I was about to start training with Y/N." Beric's eye swung over to you. You felt a shiver rip through you at the intensity of his stare. "I will take over Y/N's training for today." Your heart skipped a beat. It was the first time since his last death that he'd spent with you willingly. You weren't about to let it go to waste. So, you nodded at Thoros who gave your shoulder a squeeze as he rose from his seat leaving you and Beric alone.

"Follow me," he ordered. You glared at him. Memories or no, he didn't need to speak to you that way. "A please would be nice," you snarked back. You were done with his attitude at this point. Still, you stood and followed after him. There was part of you that worried he was going to take the opportunity to kill you, but the other part knew this man. You knew he wasn't the kind of man to kill without reason and he had no reason to kill you.

"Are you ready?" he asked when you were far enough away from everyone else. "Just don't set your sword aflame and yes," you replied. Beric didn't look amused as you took your stance. There was a little voice in the back of your head that said this would be a good thing. You could get out some of your frustration at the entire situation. You needed that so, without warning, you went for it.

Beric barely had time to move out of the way before your sword came down. He blocked and parried at the last minute, sending you dancing away with a grunt. Beric's eye flashed with something you couldn't recognize. Your little dance continued on for several minutes. Your muscles screamed at you, but you wouldn't stop. All the frustration and anger you felt just kept coming out in your swings. You knew better. Fighting angry nearly always led to mistakes. And that's what happened this time.

You felt the cool steel against your leg before you felt the warmth of your blood running down over your skin and pants. You glanced down, cursing under your breath. "I yield," you said and put your sword away so you could staunch the flow of blood. To your surprise, your hands were soon replaced with Beric's.

Your eyes shot up to his face. He wasn't looking at you, but rather staring at the wound on your leg. The wound he'd inflicted. You wanted to laugh a little because it was so similar to how you'd met the man before you joined the Brotherhood. You'd been caught up in a skirmish and Beric, thinking you were a foe, had cut you across the leg. Afterwards, he'd apologized and invited you to join them. Shortly after that, feelings developed between you.

The memory brought made you angry once more. You wanted to hit something. Preferably any deities that may have existed. They were the cause of your misfortune at the moment. They were the reason the man you loved didn't know you any longer. You clenched your fist and tried not to look at Beric again. "Y/N," he began softly, "My love, look at me."

"What did you call me?" you asked, glancing back at him with wide eyes. He gave you a smile. "My love. I remember now. I beg your forgiveness for the pain I've caused you, but I remember." He leaned forward to rest his forehead against yours. "I missed you, Beric." He hummed in response. You took the opportunity to press a kiss to his lips, giggling when his facial hair tickled you.

He moved to deepen the kiss, but you stopped him. A look of confusion clouded his eye and you laughed again. "As much as I would love to continue this, I am actively bleeding." Beric looked back down at his blood-soaked hands. "Right. We should do something about that."Without a word, he scooped you up bridal style and carried you back to camp to tend to your wounds. You rested your head on his shoulder. You let the familiar scent of him invade your senses, happy to have him with you once more.