Love and Affection (Sandor Clegane x reader)

For most of his life, Sandor went without any scrap of affection. He didn't need it. He didn't want it. People feared him and were disgusted by him and he had come to accept that. He wasn't going to be a soft man. He had learned from an early age that affection and love were just things people gave or said because they wanted something in return. That was the way Sandor Clegane thought until he met you.

When Brother Ray had brought Sandor to the sept community, you were one of the people who helped nurse him back to health. As you did, the two of you grew closer. It took a while too. Sandor wasn't the kind of man to let people in, but somehow you'd managed to get him to drop some of his defenses. Now, you rarely left his side. There had just been one problem in the beginning. You were one of the most affectionate people Sandor had ever met.

During the day, whenever you passed Sandor, you would leave little lingering touches. His hands, his knees, his shoulders, whatever you could reach. If he was sitting, you'd run your fingers through the ends of his hair when you went by. At first, Sandor was unsure about why you'd do such a thing.

"Why are ya touchin' me?" he'd ask. You'd merely smile and continue what you were doing. Sandor would always feel himself blushing. He'd mumble something about you being stupid for wanting to be anywhere near him or he'd let out little grunts or growls. He wanted you to think he didn't like it. Secretly, he loved it and he knew that you knew that. It only grew worse, or better depending on your point of view, after that.

Whenever Sandor would grumble or mutter some sort of statement, you'd always just smile again. After a while, your affection grew. You'd take his large hands in yours and press kisses to his knuckles or you'd lean in and kiss his cheek. You'd yet to touch the scarred side of his face, but that was because you knew it made him uncomfortable. And while Sandor complained about the amount of affection you showed, they were half-hearted complaints because behind closed doors, Sandor was altogether a different man.

As night rolled around, you and Sandor would make your way to the home you now shared. Once you were alone, Sandor would wrap you in his arms and whisper into your hair how he never wanted to let you go. He wanted you to stay by his side for as long as you would have him. He knew he had a good thing going with you and he wasn't about to let it slip away. Not now that he had a sliver of happiness in his life.

Bedtime was honestly Sandor's favorite time of day now. Instead of his nights being filled with nightmares and images of all the horrible things he'd done, they were filled with more love from you. You would always get as close to Sandor as possible, bring his head down to rest on your chest. Fingers would run through his hair while you spoke softly to one another. Or Sandor would wrap his arms around you, pulling you close so he could feel every part of you pressed against him.

In public, Sandor wasn't much for being all touchy feely, but in private, he was all over you. Not even in a sexual way. No, Sandor simply craved the love and affection you gave him even though he didn't feel like he deserved it. You always assured him that he did. He deserved every happiness in the world and you were determined to show him that. You wanted him, and everyone else, to know that Sandor Clegane was worthy of all the love and tenderness you could possible give.