A Chance? (Daenerys Targaryen x fem!reader)

(featuring Uncle!Jorah Mormont)

Your uncle had been more of a father to you growing up than your own father had ever been. So when you went against the grain and decided you wanted to learn sword skills, you asked Jorah to train you. He, of course, had agreed. You left Westeros with him when he was banished and traveled with him and Dothraki. You were by his side, learning and training, for years before you met the one person that could put a wedge between you.

Daenerys Targaryen was one of the most beautiful woman you'd ever met. She was also one of the strongest mentally. She worked so hard to make life better for those living as slaves in Meereen and the other cities she had visited on her travels West, toward Westeros. She was fierce and you had grown to love that about her. Suppers together, sitting on her council, and just spending time with her were the highlights of your day. You really liked her. More than you had anyone else before and you needed to tell someone.

During your training, you and your uncle had your best heart-to-heart conversations. You confided in him about everything you were thinking and he listened. He hardly shared his own feelings with you, but he was always willing to help you. So you absolutely told him how you felt about Daenerys when you discovered your feelings for her. His reaction was not what you had expected.

"Perhaps I'm not the best person to tell this secret to." His voice was tight and his stance was tense and rigid. Your brows drew together in confusion. He refused to meet your gaze, which was also strange. "Uncle?" No response so you tried again. Once more, nothing. You lowered your sword and thought for a moment. Why would he be like this? Unless...

"Uncle, are you-do you love her? Daenerys?" He still didn't answer, but you saw him glance at you from the corner of his eye. That was all the answer you needed. Guilt instantly bloomed in your heart. You hadn't meant to put yourself in competition with your own uncle for Daenerys' affections. You never knew that he loved her. "I-I didn't know. I'm sorry!" you apologized.

Jorah looked confused for a moment. "What for? You cannot help who you fall in love with, my dear niece." You gave him a sad smile. "No we can't, but you deserve love too. I think she would be a better match for you than for me, if that's what she wishes." You could feel your heart breaking as you spoke, but you meant it. Jorah needed love and if Daenerys could and would give him that, you would step aside.

Jorah sheathed his sword and pulled you into a hug. "I'm too old to chase fantasies, Y/N. If our queen is inclined to love either of us, I hope it is you. You have a bright future full of love and devotion that you deserve." You returned the hug and sighed. Your heart and mind were fighting one another. You felt like you couldn't betray your uncle by pursuing Daenerys (if she even wanted that), but you also couldn't betray your own blossoming love for the queen. So what could you do?

You finished up your training that day, your mind racing. You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't notice someone approaching you in the dimly lit corridor. That is, until you practically ran into them. You managed to stop yourself by tripping over your own feet and falling. Right into Tyrion Lannister, knocking you both to the ground. You barely managed to shift again before you landed on top of him with your chest directly in his face.

"Forgive me, my lord," you said quietly before you noticed who else you had nearly run into. "Khaleesi," you greeted as your face heated up and you rose back to your feet. You could see her fighting back a soft smile. "Lady Y/N. I was hoping to catch you before you retired for the evening. I find myself in need of female companionship for supper. I grow tired of all the men." You laughed before apologizing to Tyrion again. He merely shrugged and then left.

"So, will you join me for supper?" Daenerys asked again and you bit your lip. Supper alone with Daenerys was a big deal to you. But could you? Your uncle wanted you to be happy, but you wanted him to be. Before you could get lost in your thoughts again, she continued, "I believe we have things to discuss...concerning you, your uncle, and myself." She gave you a knowing look. Oh. She knew. She'd heard or someone had told her. You watched her face for a moment. She didn't look angry or even a little annoyed. In fact, she looked rather happy.

"O-Of course, Khaleesi," you finally replied, "Should I fetch my uncle?" She shook her head. "No. I've spoken to him already. I wish to speak to you. Alone." You nodded and followed after her as she continued walking. "You can walk closer, Y/N." The familiarity of her words had your skin heating again. The soft way she spoke to you and the way she continued to glance at you had your heart thudding against your ribcage.

As you walked, you passed by your uncle who gave you a soft, sad smile. Clearly his conversation did not go well. Part of you hurt for him and worried that your conversation with Daenerys would end similarly. But a smaller, louder part of you couldn't help but hope you maybe had a chance.

You must have lagged behind because the next thing you knew, Daenerys reached over and grabbed your hand in hers to pull you gently along. She glanced back at you again and smiled. Did you have a chance with her at all? Could she love you or let you love her? "You do," she replied softly, making you jump. You hadn't meant to voice your thoughts out loud. "You have a chance, Y/N. After...after the khal, I didn't think I could love again," she explained, pulling you into her chambers, "I thought Drogo would be it for me but then he died and a part of me died with him. That is what I thought. But then, I met you and that part of my heart that I thought had died started beating again."

You couldn't speak. This was happening so quickly after you'd come to terms with the fact that you and Jorah loved the same woman. But she wanted you. She. Wanted. You. You had to fight against screaming out in joy when Daenerys closed the door behind you both and pulled you a little closer to her.