Killing Khaleesi (Daenerys Targaryen x fem!Baratheon reader)

( I changed the request just a teeny bit because that's how my brain went.)

For your entire life, you did everything your mother ever told you to do. When she said "Jump," you said, "How high?" You weren't sure when you ceased being your own person and became her lapdog, but you had. It wasn't until you were an adult that you snapped out of it. It only took your mother ordering you to travel away from home, befriend a young woman, and kill her, no matter what. You could still hear the conversation playing in your head.

"You want me to leave?" you asked in disbelief. In all your years, you'd never left home without her. She smiled and reached over to run a hand over your hair. "I need you to do this, my sweet. I need you to travel to Dragonstone and kill the Dragon Queen. If she makes it to the city, we are all doomed. She will kill us all. You are sweet and charming. You can get close to her" With that, she turned and walked away, leaving no room for argument.

That was how you found yourself standing in the throne room in Dragonstone, your eyes meeting Daenerys Targaryen's for the first time. She was gorgeous. "Tell me why you've come," she demanded. Her voice had not risen, but echoed around the mostly empty room. "Why should I trust yet another Lannister? Your uncle tells me that you are your mother's puppet." You frowned.

"I was, my queen. But when my mother destroyed the Sept of Balor, I saw her for what she really is." Daenerys' eyes didn't leave you for a moment. She was sizing you up and deciding if you were telling the truth. You did your best to school your features. You couldn't let her in on your game just yet. You had to get close to her before delivering the final blow. "Very well. I will give you one chance. Do not waste it." You curtsied and thanked her.

*time skip*

You couldn't do it. You couldn't kill her. You'd been in Dragonstone for weeks and you just couldn't do it. While you'd been staying with her, you had reconnected with your uncle Tyrion and had gotten to know Daenerys. You didn't understand everyone's obsession with the Iron Throne, but you knew that Daenerys' intentions were more pure than your mother's. She simply wanted to free the people from Cersei's tyranny.

"I cannot tell you what a comfort your presence has become to me, Y/N," Daenerys was telling you one evening. You smiled. You could understand that. Other than you and Missandei, Daenerys was surrounded by men all the time. "As you have to me, my queen. My only companions in King's Landing were my mother and sister. My mother has manipulated and used me too many times and my sister, my dear Myrcella, is dead." You were surprised to hear the venom in your own voice when you spoke of your mother.

"Will you be able to stomach facing your mother for our meeting?" You licked your lips. "I-I don't know. I think if you can give me strength, then I can." Daenerys smiled at you before reaching over and taking your hand. She gave it a soft squeeze. "Whatever you need. You have been a constant and loyal companion, Y/N and I would be the same for you." You let your lips upturn into another small grin that you hoped hid the panic you were feeling. How were you ever going to face your mother now?

Weeks later, you entered the dragon pit with your uncle and Jon Snow. It was time to discuss a temporary truce and you could only hope your mother was feeling generous. You took a chance to look up at her. Instantly you knew your hopes were dashed. She was livid. Oh, she hid it well under a false smile like the one she'd taught you, but you knew her. She was absolutely furious you hadn't followed her orders.

You stood by as your uncle and Jon tried to convince your mother of the threat. With every word spoken, you could feel Cersei's eyes boring into you. When your mother rose from her seat, she smiled sweetly at you. "Sweetling, would you join me please? I haven't seen my last living child in so long." Daenerys caught your gaze. "Do you need someone to go with you?" You shook your head. "She won't hurt me. I will return in a few moments." You followed after your mother.

The moment you were alone, Cersei whirled on you. "I gave you an order, Y/N. You disobeyed me." You balled your fists at your sides. "I can't do it, Mother. Daenerys hasn't done anything to you. She simply wants what she believes is hers. She isn't a savage the way you said she was. She isn't as dangerous as you. She's very kind and she cares and-and...why are you looking at me like that?"

"You love her. You have betrayed me, disobeyed me, and fell in love with her." You let out a scoff. "I have not. I am merely saying that there's no need to kill her. Surely a truce can be made. O-Or something. Return to Casterly Rock, Mother. You don't need to be queen. The only thing being queen has brought you is misery."

Cersei got very close to you until your noses were practically touching. "You will do as I say, Y/N or I will do it myself. She will suffer and you will watch. Then, I will make you miserable for the rest of your life." She stood up straight and smiled again. "Now, be a good girl and do what I said." You turned on your heel to flee the room, nearly running into your uncles in the process. Your eyes widened. How much had Tyrion heard? You shook your head at him, praying that he understood that you had no intention of doing what you mother said. He gave you a smile and you left to return to Daenerys.

Your mother returned a little while later and your eyes met. Her glare hardened and you felt your eyes fill with tears. You knew that, if you didn't do as she asked, Daenerys would suffer at the hands of the Mountain. But you absolutely could not kill her. You just couldn't.

"My queen," you whispered, catching Daenerys' attention. She smiled at you as you pulled her away from everyone else. "I have to tell you something." Her brows furrowed and she asked you what it was. "M-My mother wants me to-" you were cut off by the very person you were talking about.

"I am waiting, Y/N. I am your mother. The only person who has ever truly loved you." She stepped closer until she was hovering over your shoulder, "She will destroy you and everything you've ever loved. She doesn't belong here. Kill her." Daenerys' eyes widened as she looked at you. Only the three of you heard the conversation happening so everyone else simply looked on in confusion. People on Daenerys' side knew you'd never hurt her and that you mother wouldn't hurt you. And those on your mother's side never believed you could harm her.

"No," you whispered, "I can't." Daenerys' smiled at you. "Then Ser Gregor shall." Your mother backed away just enough to make you panic. Without thinking, you whipped out your dagger and spun around on your mother. Before you could say anything to her, you heard the sound of your dagger cutting through flesh. You hadn't realized she'd still been so close.

"I'm so sorry, Mother," you whispered as she sank into you. "Y-You are no child of mine." Those were her last words before she fell to the ground. Turmoil erupted all around you as people realized what had happened. You simply stood there staring at your mother, unable to comprehend what you had just done. Had you really harmed your mother to save Daenerys? And had it been an accident or was it intentional?

You couldn't even move. You had no idea how long you stood there. The next thing you remember is Daenerys tugging on your arm. "Y/N, we have to leave. Now." Your eyes never left your mother as you ran off with Daenerys. You didn't look away until you felt yourself being pushed onto the back of a dragon. Your arms wrapped around the young woman in front of you when the dragon took to the skies, carrying you off to who-knew-where. You only knew that, if Daenerys didn't win the Iron Throne in the end, you were a dead woman.

(a/n: I am open to writing a 2nd part when I'm mostly caught up on requests!)