Chapter 30: One Down

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Eventually he made it to a door and kneeled next to it as he tried to listen to what was going on inside.

When he did, he heard a couple of people discussing what was going on inside the room before one voice had ordered the rest to disperse and monitor the halls.

Once Alex was sure no one else was in that room, he prepared to try and open the door until the voice suddenly spoke.

"Come on in. Your awful at stealth." Said the voice.

Alex had the other two stay behind for a bit as he opened the door and walked into the room as he was now face to face with Greed

"Well well well. I assume your the state alchemist that's been sent to hunt me down huh?" Asked the man casually.

"Yeah. And I assume your the Homunculus Greed right?" Asked Alex.

"That I am. It's finally nice to be talking with a normal person for once. You don't wanna know how long I've been down here." Said Greed as he stood up.

"Don't you work together with the other Homunculi?" Asked Alex.

Greed simply laughed at that for a bit before stopping. "Nah. To be honest their grand plans are just too much for be. I'm living life for myself and attaining what I want for myself."

'Well it is in his name after all.' Thought Alex not being surprised at his selfishness.

"Anyways let's cut to the chase little kid. You wanna take me down correct? Well sorry to be a downer but I ain't gonna let it happen easily." He said menacingly as Alex transmuted a sword.

"Yeah I knew you wouldn't." He said.

"That puny thing won't lay a scratch on me even with a direct hit. But go ahead and try."

Greed invited Alex to take a free hit but Alex didn't take the chance immediately.

He snapped his fingers letting a small flame spark as he then immediately dashed at Greed seemingly to take a slash.

Instead Alex ducked and slid under him.

That caught Greed off guard as he was then suddenly met by a massive metallic punch from Becky's power armor as Greed was knocked across the room.

"Come on! Gotta try harder than that!" Said Becky who got an easy punch.

Greed groaned and eventually got up as he saw Alex, Becky, and eventually Akame in the room looking at him.