Chapter One

• इन्हें समर्पित: annemazo

Chapter One

All Rights Reserved

*Natalie's POV*

As a senior in high school, the only thing on my mind is hoping to be the valedictorian for my class. I always try my hardest in school. I always get straight As. Always.

My best friend, Penelope Tencil, isn't the best student there ever was. She is always thinking of the boys. Whenever we go anywhere, she always says 'man, that boy is hot!' or 'I'd do that!" and she's also funny. We've been best friends since kindergarten. We both stole Nick Carter's crayons on a daily basis. We called each other crayon taking buddies and from then on, we were best friends. The only thing about Penny that irks me is that she hates chocolate.

The school day is almost over. Penny and I don't have any classes together except drama because I'm in all honors/AP classes. We always sit together at lunch and we also car pool. She happens to be my next door neighbor, so in the mornings, my mom takes us to school and in the afternoons her dad takes us home. I hang out at her house on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. She comes over on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. We alternate houses every other Sunday.

Today after school instead of going home, my mom is going to pick Penny and me up and we're going up to New York City from Sunset Beach, North Carolina. Sunset Beach is in south North Carolina a few miles east of the border of South Carolina. We are visiting my aunt who lives up there. We are staying for a couple weeks, but we get out of school today for Christmas vacation so we're not missing any school. My aunt was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and we're staying in her apartment and visiting her at the hospital every day.

I've never been to New York City before considering my aunt always came down here for any holiday and my brthday. I'm an only child whereas Penny has one younger sister who's 4.

Since Penny is like my sister from different parents, my aunt gets her presents for birthdays and holidays as well. Penny's birthday is the day after mine so when she comes down for my birthday, she buys stuff for Penny as well. She is like Penny's unrelated aunt. That's why Penny is coming with my mom and me.

My dad died a few years ago in a car crash. After he and his friend, Mr. Greg Spocket, went out to dinner to work on plans for work, since they're civil engineers, they drove home and a drunk driver crashed into the side of the car. Both of them died. That was the worst phone call I've ever received in my life.

I am supposed to meet Penny in the garden outside of school. My mom was going to be here at 3:45 to pick us up and take us directly to New York. Our bags were packed and stored safely in the trunk of the car.

Penny has sewing last period and I have AP Chemistry. She is working on making a blanket for my aunt with fabrics that have to deal with all the places my aunt has been in her life. She's been to all 50 states and to a lot of different countries from France to Canada to China to Brazil to Argentina to Spain to Mexico to Germany to Russia to Scotland to Ireland to England and so many other places. She was quite the traveler back in the day.

"Hey, Natalie!" Anthony greets me as we enter AP Chemistry.

Anthony is another friend of mine. He is smart just like me. He is also my lab partner in Chemistry.

"Hey, Anthony," I reply.

"What's bothering you, Nat?" he asks. He always knew when something wasn't right with me. He always knew way before anyone else, even Penny.

"Well, you know my aunt has been diagnosed with brain cancer, right?" I ask. I don't remember if I told him or not.

"No, I'm so sorry," he exclaims.

Why You Wanna {Niall Horan Love Story}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें