Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

All Rights Reserved

*Niall's POV*

I lead Natalie to my car and she hops in the passenger seat. I walk around to the driver's side and hop in. I put the key in the car and turn it. The engine starts and I put it in reverse. I drive out of the apartment complex and head towards the airport.

"Are you sure your family is going to like me?" she asks and I just chuckle.

"If they don't like you, I want to to ask them who they think is better for me," I reply and put my hand on her knee. She puts her hand on top of mine. "I am so glad I somehow got you back."

"I am glad I finally forgave you. I realize that I was hurting when I didn't have you and now that you're mine again I can be happy once more," she explains and I give he a slight smile.

"Life is funny that way," I retort and she just laughs.

"I hope to spend the rest of my life with you," she states and I become nervous.

"I hope to spend the rest of my life with you, too, love," I respond and she smiles at me.

"I hope we stay in love forever unlike those married couples who start yelling at each other when times get rough. I don't want us to end up like that at all," she explains and I smile.

"I don't think we'll be that kind of couple. Trust me, Nat," I respond and she smiles.

We arrive at the airport and I park the car in the airport parking lot. I grab my suitcase and her suitcase so she doesn't have to carry anything.

We walk inside and go through security. We show them our passports and we eventually board the plane. We sit some where in the middle and I let her have the window seat. I sit next to her and hold her hand after we buckle in.

"Are you ready to visit my family?" I ask and she smiles.

"Who is in your family?" she asks curiously.

"Well, you are meeting my mom and my brother, Greg," I explain and she giggles.

"I never thought for even a minute I would have a boyfriend like you," she states and I put my arm around her.

"I never thought that I'd end up with a perfect girl like you," I reply and pull her close to me. She rests her head on my shoulder and her eyes close almost instantly. I look at her sleeping and nothing could be more amazing. She slept like a princess. My princess.

The flight attendant walks down the aisle ordering drinks. "Anything for you, sir?" she asks. I shake my head.

"No thank you," I reply and she continues on with the next person. I stroke Natalie's perfect brown hair and imagine what my mom will say about her. What about Greg? I hope they like her because I love her more than anything in this whole wide world.

I kiss her forehead and she smiles in her sleep. I smile, too. She is the one who has control over my emotions and I need to be more careful with hers. I have control over her emotions as well and I don't want to hurt her fragile heart ever again.

The flight attendant walks down the aisle giving out food. "Would you like peanuts, sir?" she asks me and I shake my head again.

"No thank you," I say once more and she moves on. I can't eat right now. I'm too busy being enchanted by Sleeping Beauty next to me.

Sooner or later, I rest my head on top of hers. She is fast asleep and I don't disturb her at all. My eyelids close and suddenly, darkness.

*****************

I wake up to Natalie's voice. "Niall, we've landed," she whispers and I look up at her half asleep. The light is blinding and it takes a minute for my eyes to adjust.

I take Natalie's hand and lead her to the front of the plane so we can take a shuttle to Mullingar. I miss my family and this time, I get to have Natalie with me. This is one of the best moments of my life.

We grab our luggage from the Baggage Claim and we walk towards the shuttle parked outside heading to Mullingar.

We begin to drive to my home town when butterflies fill my stomach. I haven't seen my family in a little over a month and I'm also a little scared of what they will have to say about Natalie. She's everything to me and I want my family to like as much as I like her.

"Are you nervous?" Natalie asks me as if she can read my thoughts.

"A little," I admit.

"I am nervous, too," she confesses and snuggles closer to me. She looks at me with her big green eyes and I melt. I can't resist. I kiss her quickly and softly.

"I know they'll like you. They have to like you. Everything about you is wonderful. They just have to like you because I love you," I confess and she smiles.

"Thanks," she whispers and wraps her arms around me. "I love you too," she adds.

We arrive in Mullingar and the shuttle comes to a stop. It was about a ten minute walk to my house from here. I remember this road and know it like the back of my hand. I take Natalie's hand in mine and we start heading towards my house.

"My mom will be surprised to see a girl with me because I told her about us breaking up," I admit and Natalie just looks into my blue eyes.

"Well, I hope you mom likes me even though I technically broke up with you," she states looking at her feet with a sad expression plastered on her face.

"I think we kind of broke up with each other, but it doesn't matter at all. Don't worry about their opinions. They're just words that come out of another person's mouth. Don't fret over this," I console her. "They'll like you."

A few more minutes go by of silence and I put my arm around her shoulder. It starts drizzling. "Shit," I mumble under my breath. "We have about 4 more minutes to go. By that time the rain will be pouring." Right after I say that, the rain starts pouring. I grab her waist and spin her around.

"Niall," she giggles and it's the cutest thing ever. She wraps her arms around my shoulders and I pull her closer to me.

"Kiss me," I whisper and she obeys. We lean in and close our eyes. Our lips touch and it's a perfect fit. It is meant to be, I just know.

I break the kiss and pick her up bridal style. "What are you doing?" she asks curiously.

"I don't want your shoes getting wet," I reply and she blushes.

"It's a little late for that, don't you think?" she asks and I smile.

"I just wanted a reason to show you how much I care for you," I whisper and she blushes.

We arrive at my house and I put her down on the dry patio covered by the roof. I knock on the door and someone opens it carfefully. It's my brother, Greg.

"Hey, Niall," he says and his look drifts over to Natalie. Her hair looks darker than usual considering it's wet. We are both drenched and freezing. "You must be Natalie." He actually looks happy to see her. I think he may approve of her. "Come inside."

Natalie and I walk inside and my mom walks in from the kitchen.

"Oh, hi, Niall!" she shouts and hugs me. "You must be Natalie."