Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

All Rights Reserved

*Natalie's POV*

As I awake from a wonderful sleep, I spot Niall sleeping next to me.

"Why are you here?" I ask awkwardly and he looks at me obviously half asleep.

"I love you, too," he replies sarcastically and I shake my head now realizing what I said sounded a little rude.

"No, I didn't mean it like that," I say and hug him.

"Well, I got cold sleeping on the couch and I didn't think you'd care if I slept with you," he responds and I smile. He is so cute in the morning.

"Well, are you ready for New York?" I ask and he smiles.

"More than ever," he replies and jumps out of bed. He slips into regular clothes and grabs his suitcase. I get out of bed and slip into regular clothes. I don't have a suitcase because I have clothes at my old house in New York. Also, that would just be more suitcases to deal with when we return from New York.

Niall takes my hand and we exit his house.

"Don't you think we should tell your mom and brother we're leaving?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I left a note," he responds and I laugh.

"Ok, I guess that'll do," I state and hop into the passenger seat of his car. He puts his luggage in the back and hops into the driver's seat.

"Let's go to New York City," he states and turns on his car. 

We arrive at the airport and just in time, too. We get out and go through security. We then head over to the boarding gates and wait a few minutes for our flight to begin boarding.

We head on the plane and sit in the very back.

"I don't know why, but I love sitting in the back of planes," I state and he just smiles.

"You are so wonderful," he says and I blush. He puts his arm around me and I blush even more this time. "Your blushing is just as cute as it was when we first met."

"You are weird," I simply reply and he smiles.

"I'm weird because I have you," he responds trying to be romantic.

"That didn't make sense, but that's why I love you," I respond and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I can't wait until you move in with me. I finally get to wake up to you every morning," he begins to say, but then remembers something. "Some days I won't wake up next to you because of touring."

"Niall, I don't think a little distance between us is going to change anything," I explain and he smiles.

"I love you, Nat," he simply states and pulls me closer to him.

"I love you, too, Niall," I respond and fall asleep on his shoudler.

**in New York**

"Natalie," I hear Niall say and I open my eyes very slowly only to see him smiling. "We're here."

"Why are you so excited? It's not like you've never been here before," I respond and he shrugs.

"I just love you more than anything and I can't wait to spend more time with you," he replies and I laugh.

"You're special, but I love you anyway," I reply and he stands up. I stand up as well and he pulls me into a hug.

"I love you more than anything in this whole world," he whispers.

"Even food and sleep?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Even food and sleep," he agrees and kisses my forehead.

"I love you more than anything, too," I state and he smiles.

"I don't know where I'd be without you. You complete me, Nat," he begins to say and I blush.

"I think we need to go, but you can continue your thoughtful words when we are out of this plane," I state and he laughs.

We exit the plane and he intertwines his hand in mine. A couple fans realize who he is and run over to us.

"Niall, is this your girlfriend, Natalie?" a blonde asks and he looks frightened as if they might insult me.

"Yes..." he replies with caution.

"She is so pretty!" a red head exclaims and I smile.

"She is pretty, isn't she?" Niall asks looking over at me.

"You are so lucky," the blonde says to me and I just look over at Niall.

"Thank you," is all I say. It is really awkward considering these girls are my age and they're acting as though they are talking to someone way older than them. I just smile until they walk away with big grins on their faces.

"I love our fans. They are so supportive of our girlfriends," Niall states and I just laugh.

"True directioners should be supportive. Penny was so supportive of all your girlfriends," I explain and he smiles.

"You barely knew who we were," he adds and I just blush.

"Is that a crime?" I ask and he just laughs.

We head to the baggage claim and Niall grabs his luggage. We head to the exit of the airport where we get on a bus heading to the side of New York City where my apartment building is located on.

The bus drops us off in front of my apartment building and I head inside. I still have my old key for the room.

I open the door and my mom is standing in the kitchen cooking food.

"Natalie!" she shouts and runs over to me. She hugs me tightly and I just smile.

"Mom," I whisper. "I can't breathe."

"Oh, sorry," she responds and lets go. She looks over at Niall and he's standing there awkwardly.

"Hello, Miss Leitner," he greets her and she just laughs.

"I told you to call me Vikki," she replies with a chuckle. I stand there embarrassed and Niall just laughs. He walks over to me and grabs my hand.

"I need to pack, mom," I state and she smiles.

"Ok, hun, you know where your room was," she responds and I walk over to my old room. I open the closet and grab my old suitcase. I throw all of my shirts and pants into the suitase.

"You don't have a lot of clothes," Niall points out and I laugh.

"I don't need a lot of clothes, now do I?" I ask and he just shrugs.

I put all of my shoes in a seperate bag and my closet is cleaned out. I sigh.

"I remember this apartment. You met my mom for the first time here," I say dreamily. He laughs and puts his arm around my waist.

"Nothing has changed," he adds. "Look over at that wall. Do you see that soda stain?"

"Yes. That was Penny's fault. She wasn't watching where she was pouring the soda and we were over here near the TV. I remember how frustrated I was," I recall and laugh. "Now it's so funny and a great memory."

"Nat, my mother used to tell me all the time that you never know the importance or greatness of a moment until it becomes a memory," Niall tells me and wraps his arms around my waist from behind me.

"Ain't that the truth," I mumble and he just smiles.

"Everything will be fine. We have each other," Niall simply states and kisses my cheek.

"I can't wait for the future," I state and turn around in his arms. He kisses me softly on the lips then takes his phone out. He puts on a slow song and throws his phone on my bed. We start slow dancing and it feels wonderful.