Chaptet 55 : The Devil

The sun hasn't risen up the moment you woke up, or so you thought. The room that you're currently in is nothing but darkness. Tapping the pockets of your jeans, you cussed silently.

He took your phone.

You stood up from the soft bed, which you found odd, and tried to find any source of light. While solely using your sense of touch, your hands stumbled upon what seemed like a switch. Turning it on, the room finally lit up and saw that you're in a normal room.

As your last memory was being followed by a strange and unfamiliar man, you thought a rotting cell would welcome you. You scanned yourself, and fortunately, there's nothing wrong with you. Except for a wave-like pain on your neck that comes back and forth every time you move.

Your eyes landed on the door, and your first move was to sprint and to get out of this place. Gathering some tools to help you open it up, you tried using a safety pin first to open the lock.

Every time you turn and embed it inside and turn it whatever way you want, the doorknob wouldn't click. Out of frustration, you played with it and accidentally discovered that it wasn't locked at all.

After being incredibly oblivious, you run as fast as you could and search for the main exit. You roamed your eyes around and realized that it's a house. Again, not something that you were expecting.

As it was easy to identify that door next to the living room would be your way out, you quickly went for it. You were about to touch the knob when a man's voice spoke behind you.

"That one is locked." Hence, you still tried turning it, testing your non-existent luck.

You stomped your foot loudly and turned to him, "Let me go, or I'll call the police."

You regretted your threat immediately as you remembered that you don't have any of your things with you. "Astrid, I'm not here to hurt you."

Then you remembered, he knows Taehyung. At first, you thought he's just a con artist who had done background research about you. But he wouldn't go to this length if he really was. Besides, if his intention is to make you suffer, he wouldn't put you inside a cosy room.

It suddenly felt like you could trust him, despite knowing him for the first time. "You said, you know Taehyung?" He then nods at your question. "Take me to him," You straight-forwardly said.

"No," He replied as fast as he could as if he already knew what you were thinking.

"Why?"

"Why do you want to see him?" He asked back.

"Are you his spoke-person or something?" Your eyebrows formed a straight line. "I just need to," You muttered.

"He doesn't want to see you," Anger fumed inside of you upon hearing that statement.

"I need to see him, I need answers," You said through gritted teeth.

"Answers to what?" He sat down on the couch and even offered you a sandwich, which you declined.

"I don't know..." You honestly answered. You haven't thought about that. Once you've seen him, what will you do? Will you straight up tell him that 'Yow, I dreamt of you, so I had to see you.'? That would've been strange. "I just need to, please," You begged.

"Aren't you terrified of me?" He suddenly asked. "That maybe I'll hurt you? I'm just a random stranger who kidnapped you after all." 

"To be honest, I sort of feel like I can trust you. Besides, if you know that Taehyung guy, then you'll help me. So no, I'm not afraid at all," You sheepishly gave a lopsided smile.