Chapter 47 : One Day

For almost three months, Taehyung treated you like a woman who he clearly wants her heart. You've been pretty overwhelmed by his overly developed manners towards you. Eventually, you coped up with the adjustments between you two.

Within those months, you've learned a lot about Taehyung. This time he really makes sure that you trust him as much as he trusts you. He told more of his tales of the war he volunteered with Jimin. He was more specific with his details. The stories of his sisters intrigued you so much, and he was really willing to share it. You then knew that he's still in touch with his sisters' families.

By any means, you didn't force him to do so. On the contrary, it was he who wants you to know every single aspect of information about him. Which again, made you feel grateful. That it caused you to lose your doubt about his words.

Of course, you remain true to your words. You want this to be fair. And you gave him the right to know you more too.

He never missed a day to remind you of his true intentions on why he's doing all of these.

He wants you.

And you won't deny that your heart beats the same for him already. But something about it feels wrong.

Is it possible for a weak-sapling of a human like you to create a life filled with love with a being like him? Will he turn you into his kind if you said yes and accepted his affection? Most importantly, what will it be like to be one?

On the other hand, Jimin has been acting odd lately in front of Taehyung. He thought you wouldn't recognize his facade. Jimin tries his best to convince you that he's pleased with the unusual series of peaceful events. But deep down, you know that something is bothering him, and that involves Taehyung.

You've been attempting to sneak out whenever you hear them making conversations, but having mere senses against those two, which are, by the way, supernatural beings, was useless. You know that there is chaos going around and they keep you hidden in the shadows.

Not to mention how Taehyung quickly diverts the topic whenever he senses you slowly chattering about things that will lead you to that discussion. It's not a problem at all if it's just a problem between the two of them, but as you saw how Namjoon is also conspiring with them, you knew that at some point, you're into this too.

This isn't just gut feelings, you know it. They're all too obvious about it. But what makes you doubt your own pieces of evidence is that, there's unusual solace.

You've never run out of dangerous threats since the moment you met Taehyung. It felt like just on a simple corner, something will swoop in and take your life without any warning.

But not these past months.

And it's odd. You find it odd.

Shouldn't Hoseok be on the move for his revenge? It's impossible that he backs off out of fear and lack of enthusiasm. He got loads of supporters and warriors at hand. For a short period of time, you recognized Hoseok as a creature who doesn't want his pride crushed.

Mayhaps, you were wrong all along.

The thought of finally going back home enters your mind, but the uncertainty of everything pulls you back.

Suddenly, someone knocked on your door, and you immediately knew who it is. "It's open!"

"Breakfast is ready," Taehyung informed. He's probably referring to Chinese food he ordered online or Namjoon's everyday sandwiches by means of breakfast. "Are you okay?" He suddenly asked, bringing you back to your senses.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be out. Just give me a second."

With that, he leaves with a smile while you ponder what's really going on.