Epilogue

happy new year ! let's all hope for a better year of each and everyone ~ stay safe and be happy <3

with love, vea.

✰✰✰

Taehyung woke up in a grassy field. And as soon as he took a good look on the place, he realized it's where he first met Yeonjun. He turned around and there he saw the face he haven't seen in months.

"Yeonjun? Is that really you?" Taehyung asked in disbelief.

"Maybe?" The younger sulked with a hint of playfulness in his tone. Taehyung runs to him and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry..." Taehyung apologized. "I'm sorry," He repeated.

The younger tapped Taehyung's back during the embrace. "It's alright," He sighed. But deep down, Taehyung knows that he means it from the tone of his voice.

"Are you perhaps in... peace?" Taehyung heaved a sigh of relief once Yeonjun nodded his head with a wide smile. "Wait, is this peace? I'm dead, right?"

"If you think you are, then you are," Yeonjun shrugged at Taehyung's question. It made him frown in curiosity.

"But Hoseok bit me, I would've died, right?" Taehyung asked. The younger rolled his eyes before resting his hands on his waists.

"Do you really not know? Or your subconscious self is just dumb?"

For years that Taehyung lived with Yeonjun, this was the first time that he talked to him like that. Snarky, rude, and somehow just like him. Taehyug smirked before tapping the younger's shoulder. "Fine, I get it. I'm dead too," He laughed.

But in Taehyung's heart, he understand why it had to be that way. He didn't even get to say good bye to you. Thinking of how your angelic face would've looked like if you knew that he's dead, he couldn't bare it. It's hurting Taehyung.

He planned so much for you to avoid witnessing his death, but in the end, misfortune occurs to anyone. He and Yeonjun walked down a trail until they saw an empty bench where they eventually rested.

"I'm surprised you're still here," Yeonjun commented. "Still here and... oddly calm."

"And how am I odd for being calm?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow at him.

"I figured you would want to go back already. Astrid is probably screaming for your name back there," The younger leaned on the bench.

"Back where?"

"To your body," Yeonjun quickly answered. "Part of you wants to fight back and the other wants to just let go. You're here to decide on that," He explained before looking afar.

Taehyung followed his gaze and he witnessed a huge and clear lake in front, greenery, birds chirping, and even a bright sun. This must be heaven. He thought.

"So, what's it going to be?" Yeonjun question.

"I..." Taehyung paused for a second before looking down. "I don't know," He blurted out. "I want to stay here, knowing that Astrid would be free from any harm because... technically, I'm gone," He laughed it off.

"But you know you have to go back, right?"

"For what?" Taehyung sighed. "I guess it's better this way," He then too leaned on his seat.

"You've already failed Astrid once, don't think about doing it again," Yeonjun warned which made Taehyung smile. "Not to mention that Namjoon risked it all for you," Yeonjun silently muttered but the older guy caught on.