Chapter 14 : Masquerade

You know how Taehyung can manipulate every human being just to hide something. It's part of his nature and he just promised to do the same if you'll kill one of the ogres who betrayed them before.

You still haven't agreed to him but he already forced you to come. Standing in front of the mirror, you look at your figure in a shiny black dress.

I look like an idiot. You thought to yourself. You are wearing something beautiful to welcome your own death.

Taehyung told you that the party was hosted by werewolves. At first, you doubted sneaking in with him because those creatures have incredible sniffing talents. What you didn't know is that Taehyung prepared a lot already. Ever since he met with the warlocks in Dallas, he had all these magical serums and stuff with him. He got the both of you two shots of a mix called 'Dulcis Liquid'. If you drink it, the werewolves will smell nothing but all cotton candy and sprinkles from you. It'll cause them to not be familiarized with the smell of your presence.

You struggled to zip the dress from the back and at the exact moment, someone knocked on the bedroom door. "Wait a minut—" Before you could even finish, Taehyung entered. Quickly, you turned around and hide your bare back.

"What is taking you so long?" He sneered and you rolled your eyes. His eyes suddenly got curious about what you're hiding at the back so he approached you.

"Hey!" You exclaimed the moment he gripped your arm tightly. He turned you around and you were greeted with silence. "I'm not hiding anything," You huffed.

You heard Taehyung sighing before the sound of a zipper caught your attention. "Thanks," You said. Slowly, you turned around and face him. For a moment there, you got mesmerized by his beauty again. His alluring eyes, black wavy hair, pointed nose, and pink seductive lips that rarely smiles genuinely. The way his suit and tie perfectly embodies his figure. His features are for godly figures which helped him hide his true identity.

A monster.

Anyone can be fooled through a person's look and you're betting that he did a lot of schemes to many people already.

"What's with your face?" He grimaced and his question snapped you out of your thoughts.

Rolling your eyes, you answered him. "It's called make-up, monsieur. It's a trendy thing in the twenty-first century if you don't know."

He clicked his tongue before retaliating, "I know what make-up is, it's supposed to make you pretty. But your face, ugh."

Your face heats up in anger. "You're just afraid to admit that I look pretty."

"No, you're not."

"Yes, I am!" You forced and you wanted to say more not until scary veins started to appear in his veins.

"Fine, you're pretty." He sighed and you were surprised about his response. You were about to sheepishly say 'thank you' to him, but then he added more to his statement. "That doesn't change the fact that I'll kill you anytime."

With that, he walked out of the room leaving you all perplexed. "We'll leave in twenty minutes!" He yelled downstairs.

Frowning, you continue getting ready to attend a party in which you don't know if you will be able to get out.

=====

Evening at nine, Taehyung and you arrived at Hoseok's mansion. The moment you hopped out of the car, you started to sweat nervously. This night is not much of a big deal because you're just going to kill someone. Note the sarcasm.

Taehyung told you the details of the plan and you still have no idea how to properly slit someone's throat using a knife. You were assigned to kill the man named Yoongi while Taehyung is in charge of the other one called Jin.

While walking, Taehyung suddenly yanks your arm onto his and you were about to protest but you're already in front of two huge men. "Invitation?" The guy on the right lend his hand out. They are somehow familiar to you, and maybe it's because they are some of those werewolves who you met in the warehouse before.

If it weren't for the masks, they'll be able to recognize you and Taehyung too.

Taehyung handed out an envelope and after the guy reads it, he moved away from the entrance. "Enjoy the party, Mr. and Mrs. Martinez."

You anxiously smiled at them before Taehyung discreetly pulled you inside. The house was packed with people underneath their fashionable masks. "What's the plan again?" You whispered in Taehyung's ear.

"Do you have dementia?" He clicked his tongue.

"I just want to make sure." You reasoned out.

He huffed before doing your request, "Unlike everyone in here, those two won't be wearing masks since ogres love to display their faces in human form because they think they're so gorgeous. That will make them easy to identify. They're here to eat and not to party. Yoongi loves women as his dinner, so it's alright if you approach him yourself. Act oblivious and once he brought you into some room, grab your knife and the other thing that I gave you."

"What if I chickened out?" You sheepishly asked. His head turned to look at you and despite his mask, you can see how annoyed he was at your question.

"I'll have you as dinner instead." He threatened but it somehow doesn't scare you. "Call me if you're done executing the plan. Let's meet outside after this." He talks as if what he is saying is a normal thing to do.

You nodded at his instruction and with that the two of you parted ways and it made you even more terrified. You don't have any idea what other creatures aside from vampires, werewolves, and ogres are here. One thing is for sure, none of them are human-friendly since they all treat your kind as a potential supper for tonight.

While contemplating, you grabbed a glass of wine from a waiter who just passed by. You observed the place and a lot of people seem to act sophisticated.

Women are dressed in long gowns in various colors. Your eyes suddenly stopped at the sight of a familiar man.

If you're not wrong, that man is Jin. Taehyung was right, they're not wearing masks, instead, he has that smug look plastered on his pretty face while he's talking to some ladies. You looked around and you saw Taehyung on a corner and his eyes are already locked on his target.

Looking away, you begin to search for the only person on your hit list. Your eyes scanned the people upstairs but to your disbelief, you almost dropped the glass in your hands.

You saw Hoseok, Taehyung told you that he has a tattoo of a cross on his neck that's why you identified him. He was smiling from ear to ear, and not just that.

He is with your friend, Kayla.

It's not impossible to distinguish your long time friend underneath her mask. The huge book she is showing Hoseok proved that she really is Kayla. It's because you're the one who gave her that book about werewolves.