Chapter 50 : First Last Kiss

Last night, aside from crying, you managed to call your friends, Merlie and Kayla, along with your dad. You'd at least want to hear their voices once your plans go the way you wanted to. But just like what Felix said, if you'd think more positively, you'd get a thing or two. And that's what you're doing now.

Jimin, Namjoon, nor Felix wouldn't help you to keep Taehyung alive. They already have the mindset to let the things just go with the flow, and you don't like that plan, not even a bit.

So from last night's sleepless escape, you decided to talk that vampire out. You're ready to fight for Taehyung. If the choices are only him being dead and you still breathing or both of you dying, you have to do something to have the option you want. Nothing that he said last night changed your thought about your whole plan.

If Taehyung gets to trade his life for yours, then why can't you? Besides, you're already fragile for this world, anytime you'd gone into a massive accident, it'll be the end for you anyway. You don't want Taehyung to give his life for that.

You and Taehyung spent the last day roaming around like normal people. You just realized that you've never gone out like one before. When you go out with him, all you did was to watch him hunt, convince him to change his diet, buy your foods, and that's it. Most of the memories you've made together are simple bickerings and waves of laughter inside his house.

As the sun continues to go down, your level of being terrified rises. You don't want this day to end. Taehyung's last request was to stop by at a nearby garden, and there, in a split moment, he gave you something.

A rose, without its thorns.

"Roses are red," He started, and you rolled your eyes.

"Violets are blue," You smiled sadly, continuing the infamous poem.

"Once the last petal falls," He waits for your next words to add with a smile on his face. He's really anticipating for your answer.

"I'll come back for you," You silently mumbled. "Will you?" You added, and he only shrugged.

He pulls you in for a tight hug, and you savor the moment, still holding the rose he gave you on the one hand. This is a sight behold, just the two of you, in the middle of a huge garden filled with multicolour flowers.

=====

You both managed to find a spot on the ground to see the beautiful scenery of the sun going down as it meets the flowers on the line. "I never expected my end to be like this," He said.

"Why? Did you think you'll die in a cool way or something? Well, this is cool," You pretended. "This is very noble of you, and I'll never know how to repay you."

"Just do as I said yesterday, hm? Promise me?" He asked, and there you hesitated to answer.

"Y-eah," Is all you managed to say.

"You don't sound sure." He knitted his eyebrows at you. "You're not going to do it, don't you?" Your heartbeat suddenly increases at his sudden hypothesis.

"What are you talking about?" You nervously laughed. Damn it, you mentally cursed.

"Your heart is beating like crazy. You're up to something." And then, there's that expression on his face that you've been dreading to encounter. "You're not a good liar, Astrid. You're not going to let this go, aren't you?"

"Of course, I'm not going to let you go." The more you notice how the skies turn dark, the more you feel blue. "Taehyung, tell me you've changed your mind," You beg, getting ahold of his hand, squeezing it tightly.