Chapter 41 : Ill

im back ~ hoping that my editor won't encounter more problems in the future or not until i finished updating this one.

✰✰✰

As soon as your eyes open in the morning, you immediately jump out of bed and rush outside. Without further ado, you head straight towards Taehyung's room, but to your dismay, Jimin stops you from doing so. "Why can't I go in?" You furrow your eyebrows at him.

"You don't want to see him like... that," He hesitates.

"Jimin, you don't know that. Yesterday, I owed him my life, so the least I could do is be of help to him." You gently push him away from your path and step inside Taehyung's room. Jimin is right; it's a sight you don't want to see.

Taehyung is paler than ever, his luscious lips turned gray, and even underneath a thick blanket, he sweats like crazy in his sleep. "What's going on with him?" You look at Jimin. He seems unconscious.

"I think he was bitten. Scratches from werewolves are fine, but a bite would make us like this," He explains.

"Like what?" You feel the need to know more so that you will be able to help Taehyung in any way that you are capable of.

"It's an illness. We call it humanity. It's like getting bitten by a dog, and you get rabies, except we're talking about werewolves and vampires," He elaborates more.

"That's a strange name for a strange state," You can't help but blurt out your thoughts.

"A werewolf's bite temporarily makes us feel like human again, in a terrible way. Our supernatural abilities weaken. We sweat, tremble, and feel the temperature when we're not supposed to. On some circumstances, our hearts beat gradually along with it, and it's the worst."

"Worst?"

"Our hearts don't beat, Astrid. We're dead. If it did, that's a sign that the illness is getting out of hand, and much worse, it can lead to death." He looks down on the ground, unsure if he wants to know your reaction.

"Death? You mean like actual death?" You repeat his words, and he nods at you the next second. "That's impossible, I thought aside from cutting your heads off, pulling your hearts out, bathing underneath the sun, and that thing in that damn book are the only ways to kill your immortal souls?" You cross your arms in front of your chest and wait for his answer. Day by day, your knowledge about mystical creatures grows, but if you're being honest, day by day, everything you know also makes things more difficult.

"That happens rarely, and I'm a hundred percent sure that Taehyung doesn't give up like that easily. He'll live longer than you, you'll see."

"But what if he happens to be one of those rare situations? Did this happen to him before?" You ask. Sitting down next to the cold and what appears to be a terrified Taehyung in his sleep, you continue to wait for Jimin's answer.

"Not that I know of. Look, Astrid, he's fine. Don't worry."

"What if?" You press. You don't need comfort; you need clarifications.

Giving up, he sighs as his face falls into a not delighted lool. "We'll find for help because that's what I'll do for him as a friend."

"Do you think the Oberon guys would help?" The idea strikes into your head the moment he mentioned the word 'help.' Remembering how Hoseok's witches magically healed you up without your treatments is a hint that warlocks can do those things too.

"Not in Taehyung's account. You see, my pal here is not really... friendly towards other creatures. Werewolves are his lifetime enemies, witches and warlocks are in between; as for ogres, I think he's starting to hate them too." Jimin tells. He sits on a stool next to Taehyung's bed, and you continue to listen to his nonsense. "Oh, I forgot. Humans are his favorite meals, so you're lucky you're still standing on your feet." He proudly smirks.