Chapter 36 : Magic

"What's in the book?" You suddenly whispered towards Namjoon. You and he are currently making breakfast while the two vampires are out for their own businesses to attend to.

"Huh?" His forehead creased at your question.

"You know, the only other way we can erase vampires from this world?" You shyly spoke the words. That book has been long stored on your shelves at your bookstore, but you never really tried reading the whole thing. You've read a few pages, but you never got to the point where it says something like that. After all, you thought it was just some book created for fun and entertainment purposes. You never thought it would actually tell the whole and real thing.

"That, I don't know." He waved his long index finger in front of you, and you immediately frowned. "I'm not that interested in reading the whole thing, and neither did Jimin."

"I'm guessing, Taehyung did?" You cocked your head on the side as you waited for his answer. The assumption you made was now a conclusion when Namjoon nodded, verifying it.

While you and he are having a peaceful breakfast in the morning in the dining room, you can't help but recognize the clanking of some metals in the living. A quick movement caught your eyes, and by the looks of it, the person in the living room is Taehyung.

He's back.

Jumping out of your seat, you hurried into the living room and faked a cough in order to get his attention. When he wasn't even budging, you did it even louder. "What?" He asked, and at the same time, he placed the book inside a metal vault.

"What are you doing?" You answered his question with another one.

"I'm going to bury this book at the very deep seafloor." His tone seems to be in a panic. The way he moves is a bit unsettling. He keeps fidgeting from here and then there. You felt dizzy following his every movement. Grabbing his shoulder, you pulled him to face you.

"What's going on?" You made sure you said in a calm aura so he wouldn't go ballistic over you because of a single comment you made.

"The method is real. It can really kill vampires like me," He breathed. "I went to a person who proved to me that it worked."

"Are you terrified?" Humor suddenly washed away the seriousness on your face. Taehyung, on the other hand, snickered and moved away from you. "You said you're not afraid of anything, and I thought death is included," You smirked.

"You don't get it. And I'm not going to tell you what it is... unless it's necessary." His choice of words was unsure.

"Whatever, one way or another, I'm going to know it." You shrugged your shoulders with a smug look painted on your face. He put on an attitude look and walked past you. You watched him as he headed straight to Namjoon, and then they talked about something.

You can't clearly hear what they're talking about, but it seemed like Namjoon agreed to whatever Taehyung asked him by nodding his head. When Taehyung went back to his room, you joined Namjoon on the table again, and you noticed how he suddenly eats his food faster.

Once done, he placed all his dishes on the sink, and before he could go, you grabbed his arm. "Where are you going?" You interrogated.

"Taehyung asked me to help him find Annais' body." Your hand slowly detached from his skin. You nod sheepishly at him, and then he smiled before walking away.

=====

When Taehyung and Namjoon left the house, you were all alone, and you got nothing else to do. So, you run inside your room to take a nap. Once you woke up, you felt chills all over your spine for no reason at all.