Chapter 8 : Visitors

okay, guys, so this book just won first place at BBBAwards <3 silent reader or not, thank you !

stay safe and healthy

☆☆☆

Day three after that wicked game and you're thankful that you're still alive and also for Yeonjun who never left the house again so that Taehyung can't harm you. But what you are most thankful for right now is that Taehyung is outside and you can now feel safe, at least.

You joined Yeonjun in the kitchen to help him prepare your lunch. "So, can you tell me anything about your... kind?" Reaching for the wooden board and knife, you chopped the onions. But Yeonjun snatched the knife away from you. "Hey!" You cried.

"Your knee and finger wounds are not yet mended. If you bleed once more Taehyung will run ballistic... again." He scolded and you frowned.

"For a vampire, you're quite nice." You commented and leaned back on the kitchen island.

"Doesn't mean I don't kill." You thought he was making a joke but then you saw how serious his face was when he said it. "Can you pass me the salt?" You stretched out your arm to reach out for the salt pig next to you.

"How old are you?" You blurted out. Looking at him, you know that he turned into a vampire at a young age. "And for how many years?" You added.

He sighed, he clearly hates you being intrusive. "I've been twenty years old since the year nineteen seventy-nine."

"Woah, you're that old?" He nodded. "You still look young!" For a minute there you thought how nice it is to be a vampire. "How about Taehyung? How old is he?"

"Twenty-three," He grabbed the pans from the upper kitchen drawers while you sat on the stool, watching him cook.

"Since?"

"Ask him yourself." He firmly stated and you snorted.

"Where is he anyway?" You get hold of the apple from the fruit basket and you ate it. Yeonjun ignored your question and after a few minutes he handed out to you a beefsteak. "Thanks."

"He will come back in a bit." He used a blue towel that has the same shade as his hair to wipe his hand. "Why? Do you miss him?"

"Hell no!" A disgusted look spontaneously formed on your face.

You miss Taehyung? You wish you could force yourself to vomit to express so much hatred towards the man who wants to kill you so much without any proper reason. Yeonjun slightly laughed because of your reaction but you just brushed it off.

"Anyways, can I borrow your phone? I want to talk to my dad." His mood changed at your sudden favor. "Please?"

"Just once," He muttered and you shake your head yes with a wide beam on your face. Instantly, he used his super-speed to go and get his phone somewhere and he came back with it in no time.

You dialed your house's telephone number and you wait for your dad to answer. "Hello?" Oh, how you missed his voice.

"Dad! It's me, Astrid," You declared.

"Hey, I'm glad you called. How's Minnesota?" Your forehead narrowed at his question.

"Minnesota?" You repeated.

"Yeah, didn't you tell me you're there for a book event?" Your eyes darted at Yeonjun who gestures you to just play along. You'll ask him an explanation after this.