Chapter 37 : Pretty

this chapter might seem lame, but i needed something that'll spark up the characters' romantic relationship. so yeah, enjoy!

☆☆☆

Calling Merlie for a morning shopping was a big bad idea. She keeps on asking you about this dinner later that you'll have with Taehyung. She is too persistent to know the name of the guy you'll spend your night with. Of course, you've filled her in with the details. It's as if you're lying to her by not telling the whole thing. All she knows is that you'll have a meeting with a guy at Rossa's. But knowing your friend Merlie, it's impossible for her not to add a little spice to your given information.

"Is he hot?" She squealed. Typically, she's more thrilled than you are. You don't really get why you and Taehyung have to talk alone at a fancy restaurant about things you just wanted to know. He can just pull you away and take you to a bus stop where no one knows you and have the conversation there.

And lastly, why do you have to dress nicely? Was it his way of telling you that he's sick of your ugly presence? Because no doubt, you're sick of him too at most times. "I don't know," You shrugged the question off.

"Astrid, it's a yes or no question." She rolled her eyes at you. Once you both reached a boutique, Merlie pulled you inside with a huge grin on her face.

"I guess?" You gave her the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, you are entirely sure that Taehyung is indeed hot and attractive as a man. You don't want to spoil the details to your friend as she will only bug you for more.

"Then we got to dress you the prettiest because I'll take that as a yes!" She screeched like a tire being dragged. Eventually, she grabbed your arm and pulled you to a section where dresses are displayed on mannequins.

"Merlie, you know I don't wear those." You huffed in annoyance the moment she pointed at weird dresses.

In your trio, Merlie is one who is a bit more extravagantly. She's also more sociable than you and Kayla. Kayla, on the other hand, is the one who dresses plainly and is a bit shy. She's one of the Dean's Lister in your university before. You and she usually get along when it comes to books. That's why you thought of calling Merlie to help you with what you should wear later. But you are not aware of what consequences it can come with.

In the end, you were still the one who decided what to wear, and you just sought Merlie's advice. She was not completely in favor of your sense of fashion, but she had no choice but to deal with it.

=====

Just like the last time Taehyung sent you an address, you've doubted the location where the cab driver sent you. Sure, it's Rossa's Place (as it says on the sign) but isn't it odd that no one other than you is around?

As you dive your hand inside your small fashion bag, you take your phone and immediately dial Taehyung's number. It took several rings, but he never answered the call. Instead, someone tapped you on the shoulder from behind, and you had a mini heart attack when you saw that it was Taehyung.

"Are you scaring me on purpose?" You breathed. Frowning at him, you notice how he's also glowering his face at you. "What?" You shyly fixed your posture.

"You're late." He clicked his tongue to show disappointment. "C'mon." Taehyung turned his back at you and began cascading at a place where he wants you to follow.

Involuntarily, your lips fell into a more massive frown. You were expecting him to compliment your attire as it is what he asked you to do. You even paired your leather jacket with a dark red skirt that you rarely wear. And most importantly, you even wore a leather jacket to match with his everyday outfit.