Chapter 4 : Fall Flat

There are no other people in this house except for you and Yeonjun. All along you thought you will be sharing a room with the other maids staying in here. You thought you would at least make a friend while being held captive by someone who talks like a noble prince but you knew better. He can act like that in front of you but seeing the way that he hurt your dad before still makes him evil.

You miss your friends and the bookshop, but most importantly you long for your dad. You've been staying inside this peculiar mansion for already a week and nothing special is happening. In a span of seven days Yeonjun trained you how to serve this master he is talking highly about and yet until now he hasn't revealed even his own shadows. 

It is still a wonder to you how the police freely gave you back to Yeonjun considering that you were just filing a report against him seconds before that. They sent you back to your abductor as if you didn't matter at all, as if you're not a person who needs protection.  

After staying in here for days, you eventually learned that you never needed one. You've been paranoid about Yeonjun slicing your throat off using one of those weapons stored in that creepy room or he might push you off a cliff one day. To your surprise, nothing near to those thoughts happened in real life. The man has been actually treating you nice and you're not even working your ass off like a maidservant, just like what you thought your role was in here.

You've been slacking around and doing nothing. You actually contemplated whether a knight in shining armor would crash into this house and save you. Not from distress but from utter boredom.

You sat down next to Yeonjun who is busy playing connect the dots in the living room. Your pupils dilated the moment you realized what he is doing. "Why do you have those photos?" Your eyebrows knitted together at the sight of the bloody massacre that happened days ago at E. Erwin Street.

Some people's heads were decapitated, others were torn limb from limb and most of them are unrecognizable anymore.

"It is better for you not to get involved." You know what Yeonjun said is impossible. Moving an each further away from the guy you started to become anxious again.

What if he is the same guy who did that remorseless crime to those poor people in the photos? What if you will soon become one of his victims?

To think about it, you never saw any photos of that master he is pertaining to. What if it was all just a lie to make you feel at ease? What if he has been feeding you buffet for a week only to be slaughtered like a pig one day?

Gloomy thoughts are unavoidable given the circumstances. The man looked at you with an assuring smile again, "I'm not the one who did this, don't worry."

"Said the one who won't let me out of this hell hole." The only one thing you're good at other than reading a book is to provoke other people easily. But it seems like Yeonjun proved you wrong, his tolerance and patience towards people like you are extraordinary.

"I told you to practice being nice. Mr. Kim hates rude comments and unnecessarily rude replies to his statements." He reminded you and you just snorted at his warning. You moved closer to the table and took a look at the crime he is currently solving.

"If you're not the one who did this, why are you so interested in this case?" It's not like he is a private investigator who earns his income by solving murders like this. He is more likely to be the murderer.

To be exact a strange but somehow nice murderer.

"You'll know soon," From his hands, he added another photo on the table.

No matter how he behaves towards you, nice and all, he is still someone who should not be trusted. Seizing your dad and leaving you without any choice in the matter to stay or to go out is inconceivably immoral.

This time, while he is immersed at playing detective Conan, you decided to escape once more. Your first attempt was undeniably a failure but this time you're not going to fall flat for the second time

Whatever it takes you will run outside the house until he loses sight of you. "Yeonjun, I'm hungry."

"Again?" He scowled at you for the very first time.

"Go on, try putting your ear on my belly, and hear the tormenting growls of the monster inside." You shake your stomach in attempts to make it look more convincing.

"No thanks. I understand that human hunger is that serious but for some people like you it is a matter of life and death." You chuckled nervously at the mention of the word 'death'.

"You talk like you're not human." Awkwardly, you smiled at him in order to make it sound like a joke. But to your astonishment, he grinned at you widely and it somehow sent tremor all over your body. "Don't do that, you're already creepy as it is." You laughed anxiously.

"Stay here, I'll make your food." You nod at his instruction. "And please, do not touch anything on the table." You bopped your head once more and then you successfully sent your abductor away from the main exit where you intend to escape from.

First off, you ran towards Yeonjun's room to look for your phone. Stealthily you entered his room, it is still quite a riddle why you are the only person who locks their door in this house.

You looked underneath his bed, pillows, and mats. You were too dumb to forget to check the places that are obvious. The drawers, his cabinet, and there you saw your phone just above his bedside table. With that, you just wasted five minutes of your time to escape.

Turning on your phone for a few more minutes, you started to get pissed. It's not working and when hammered your phone against the palm of your hands it easily broke. You noticed that the part inside your phone is missing and you groaned.

Your first step was useless so while you still have time, you resorted to your last plan.

Just get out and run as far as you can.

And that is what you did, you flee from Yeonjun's room and used the front door to get out. Once you opened the door, a big man is standing outside with a not-so-pleased look on his face and when he saw you he looked shocked and... terrified?

"Excuse me? Who are you?" You raised an eyebrow.

His face drastically changed from terrified to fuming mad. "You!" He bellowed and then you suddenly felt his big hands groping your neck.

Your feet stopped touching the ground and you were pleading for air.

"Taehyung!" You heard Yeonjun's voice.

Taehyung?

You looked once again to the man whose eyes were on fire due to his temperamental anger that came out of nowhere before you blackout.