Chapter 45 : The Worst

The stiff breeze of wind finally stops, and as you open your eyes, you're now in front of the same café where Taehyung had his brunette lunch. Once you got on your feet, you fix your hair, knowing that it's in a mess.

"How dare you—"

Before you can even continue your outrage, he pulls you by the wrist inside the small area. He guided you straight to the counter and abruptly saying, "Two Iced Americanos, and do you like anything else?" And you said nothing. "Figures, do you have your wallet with you?"

He turns to you, asking for money. Rolling your eyes, you pulled out your purse and handed him the exact amount that he needs. He continues to hold you by the wrist; there's no sign of letting you go. After placing the orders, he pulled you, again, to a table for two located at a lonely corner.

He looked at you for a second. Your eyes squinted, but as you realized, you have no other way to escape this man. So you rudely took your arm away from his touch and sat down on the chair.

Crossing your arms in front, you continue to give him a look of displeasure. You were expecting him to say something, but you stay frozen in your places, both in silence.

Minutes later, a waitress came by and politely intruded on the silence going on between you two. As soon as the waitress settled the drinks on the table, Taehyung placed straw on the first cup and pushed the cup gently towards you. "What are you doing?"

"What are we doing? I told you a date." He leaned back on his chair with the same smug look plastered all over his glorious face.

"I never said yes to it. If this is your definition of date, then it's probably the worst in history." You spit out, and base on his reaction, he wasn't expecting you to speak like that.

If you'll consider your attitude, you were honest. "You haven't seen history." He shook his head in disbelief with a slight grin. You deadpanned at his comment, and eventually, he sighed. "Fine, to make this work, how about you get to know me?"

"I already know you."

"Uh, uh, you thought." He waved his pointy index cars in front of him before shifting into an arrogant position on his seat. "Now, I'm giving you the chance to ask me whatever you want to know about me."

You can't help but show interest in his offer. It's too tempting, and knowing Taehyung, it'll be the last time he'll allow you to peek into his past and present life. "Any question?" You repeat, and he nodded his head.

Suddenly, it seemed like you ran out of queries to ask about him. When in fact, you've been thinking a lot of questions about him lately. Before enunciating your first question, you sip from your cup.

"What was your real name?"

"Taehyung Krizés," He spoke with an accent that you were unfamiliar with. "I changed my surname to Kim in the 1900s."

"Your name sounded way too advanced," You honestly critiqued.

"I like to believe that my mother played with my name as I'm the first and only male child she had." He rested his elbows on the table and intertwined his fingers from both hands. "I'm cool with it now; it makes me sound unique."

You huff, "Show-off." It took you a couple more seconds before ending up with another question. "How old are you?"

"Twenty-two," He answered immediately.

"But Yeonjun said you're twenty-three?"

"He did the math to calculate my age. I never really told him how old I am. He only knew when I turned."