Chapter 53 : Last Petal

You stood on top of your chair and moved your hips along with the beat. Taehyung has been yelling for you to come down, but the sound on the speakers was too loud for you to even pay attention to him.

All you care about right now is dancing freely. "You'll hurt yourself!"

"I don't care," You then blew a raspberry tongue at him.

As the song is almost at its peak, you gain momentum from your previous movements before giving your all in the chorus. Not until the noise vanished and no one was cheering 'Twerk It Like Miley' on the speaker anymore.

"Now, go back to your seat and be a good girl." You saw him holding some ripped wires and threw them around the next second.

Groaning, you just follow what he said. "Ew, party pooper, boo!" Your hand formed a thumbs-down and ferociously shook it up and down in front of him.

"So, you wore these..." He eyed you from head to toe like he literally lifted the table sheet to see your footwear just to divert the topic. "Just for tonight?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah, is there something wrong, Mr. I-Don't-Notice-Anything?" You scoffed. If you had not specifically pointed out what you've done just for tonight, he wouldn't notice a damn thing. He thought you were wearing earrings for the first time! And you weren't.

This jerk. You mentally cussed.

"Nothing," Despite your blurred vision, you observed how the corners of his lips curved into a smile.

"Oh, you think... I'm funny?" You tightly hold onto your bread knife and squint your eyes at him. His face fell, and he sighed, making you more furious. "So now you're the one to get mad? Jerk."

"That's it. You're never drinking again," His hand reached for yours, which is holding a glass full of expensive red wine. It was just seconds ago when you'd finished a bottle, and now you're on your level five. Five? Six? You actually lost count.

He deliberately pulls it from you, but you're not giving in without a fight.  You know you can't beat him, it's just the alcohol's effect that you think you can. "Let go or I'll shoot this on your eye," You dangerously wiggled the knife in front of him.

In a swift second, instead of his hand groping your glass of wine, he steals the knife from you and tosses it away. "What was that for?!" You whined.

"You threatened to kill me," He shrugged. His alibi wasn't convinced that it got you humming to an unknown harmony.

"That's it?" You absentmindedly asked, not even sure what you were pertaining to.

"What?"

"What?" It sounded like you repeated his word, but you were actually asking the same thing.

"Let's just go home. You're drunk already," He pushes himself gently away from the table, and you automatically sulk at what you heard. "Astrid, stop acting like a newborn child," He rolled his eyes.

"I like it when you do that," You mumbled.

"Do what?" His eyebrows knitted together.

"Calling me," You breathed. "By my name," You said before taking another sip.

"Why?" He raised a single eyebrow this time. You smirked seeing how he got intrigued by your statement.

"I don't know. I think it sounds sexy..." You giggled. Your vision was spinning from the start, but it felt like you've got the hang of it already. You think you rock it.