Chapter 44 : You're Not

To avoid Taehyung shouting at you early in the morning, you wake up before eight strikes the clock. Currently, you have no idea where Taehyung will take you. So, you decide to put on simple clothes instead of trying to impress him just like the other time.

At exactly eight in the morning, someone knocks on your door, so you walk and welcome the guest. As you expect, it's Taehyung in his everyday goth outfit. Thankfully, you stick with your usual clothes because it doesn't look like he's taking you somewhere special. A part of you hates it that you assume things with him, and the other one is still hoping. Hoping for something uncertain.

"Ready?" He asks. There's something new to the way he talks to you. He's more cautious as if he's going to say something that will hurt you.

"Yeah," You mutter briefly after giving him a weak smile.

To get through this, you cloud your head with other thoughts as diversions. You know why you're acting all immature and hopeful at the same time, and you need to stop being like that. There's no reason for you to be. Whatever you're thinking, it's never going to happen.

Huffing, you follow behind him. "Is something the matter?" He stops and pertains to you.

"No. Still a little sleepy." You put on your most convincing tired look to assure him that you're not thinking about anything else, and by means of anything else, it's him.

He nods as you make him believe that you're still living in your own world. Once you step foot out of his house number two, he offers his hand to you. The gesture is heartwarming, but it is so unlike him. You're suddenly wondering if this is the real Taehyung or just a pretender. "Okay? What's going on?" You ask.

"Are you that uncomfortable with me?" He answers your question through another inquiry. You badly want to say yes, but instead, your inner self does the job for you. Rolling your eyes, you look away just like how idiots handle situations like this one.

"Fine," He grunts. Turning back to him, you frown even more as you see him on his knee with his back facing you. "Hop on," He demands.

"Dracula, what are you up to?" You rest your hands on each side of your waist and cock your head to the side while you give him a displeased look. But deep down, you're feeling all giddy for assuming too many positive things from Taheyung because of his new behavior towards you.

"Where we are going is a little far from here. I don't want to wait alone there just because you took a cab and you got stuck in traffic." He gives you a very specified reason, and he is right. The best option for transport right now is him and his unnatural speed.

Remembering the last time you did this with him, you hesitantly move closer to the vampire. "Astrid, if you're not going to move, I'll drag you there myself, and you will not lik—"

"Fine! Fine!" You cut his morning lecture. His booming voice is a bit intimidating, and when it mixes with his anger, the bit becomes really.

You hop on his back and hang your arms above his shoulders. "God, you're heavy," He complains.

"Shut up," You hiss. Without even giving a signal, he abruptly zooms away from where you were standing seconds ago.

You close your eyes during the whole process. The wind is already annoying, and the experience itself is nauseating. He will obviously not like it if you puke on his favorite outfit. You don't have the wits anymore to count how fast Taehyung is before he gently sits you down on a cold pavement. For a bit, your eyes remain close as you catch your breath. You hear his mocking laugh along with the sound of water trickling.