Chapter 13 : Blade

"Taehyung, stop!" You tried pulling his hand away from Namjoon's neck but he is much stronger than you. Seeing how the angel is trying so hard to gasp for air in Taehyung's grasp you ran away and find something to defend Namjoon.

You stumbled into the kitchen and a knife caught your attention. Without further ado, you grabbed it and went back to the living room where all the chaos is taking place. Having the will to save innocent Namjoon, you stabbed Taehyung at the back, and as expected he freed Namjoon and you immediately come to his aid.

"Are you okay?" You asked Namjoon and he nodded with his shoulders continuously going up and down. Sighing, you were about to smile at Namjoon not until Taehyung grabbed you by the collar of your shirt and lifted you up without any struggle. "Put me down!" You shrieked.

You looked at Namjoon for help but seeing how those chains and cuffs are heavily tied on his hands, there's no point at asking him. "Now, blondie. Stay calm and shut your mouth." His eyes turned purple again for a second and for some reason you did what he said.

He's trying to control you with his vampire abilities. You want to break free but you can't do anything aside from staying calm and being quiet. It's like you don't own your body anymore while Taehyung sent you in a trance.

At your peripheral vision, Namjoon was trying to kick and hurt Taehyung but it's useless. His unknown angel abilities are out as long as those spelled chains are attached to his hands.

Taehyung slowly lowers you down and in a blink of an eye, Taehyung's head was buried on your neck and you felt a pang of pain. You wanted to scream but your mouth stayed close.

He's drinking blood from you.

He is going to kill you if he doesn't stop. You started to feel lightheaded while all your blood is practically being drained out of you. He told you to stay calm but only your physical attributes act like that, in your head, you're screaming for help.

"Hey! Let her go!" Namjoon stood up but before he could even come to you, Taehyung used his speed to break the angel's neck.

You wanted to caress Namjoon and cry for him but you can't do anything. Feeling the warm blood that is continuously spilling from your neck, you realized that this injury will cost you an arm and a leg in the hospital because of your disease.

Might as well just die.

Although your heart is beating calmly, your vision starts to blur and you begin to sweat. You want to open your mouth and say something to Taehyung but you can't.

You feel weak.

In a matter of seconds, you fell on your knees and the last thing that you saw before you blackout was a blood-curdling beast.

=====

You wake up in a very clear and white room. While you try to sit down, Namjoon helped you.

Namjoon?

"You're... alive." You said your piece and you were shocked that you can now speak freely. Touching the side of your neck, you noticed that there is a huge gauze placed on it. For a second there, you thought that everything was just a dream.

You observed Namjoon and there you saw that his hands are now free. "Silly girl, I'm immortal." He laughed light-heartedly.

"Where's Taehyung?" Your eyebrows automatically formed a straight line. That jerk just tried to kill you for real. You looked around the hospital room but it's only you and Namjoon inside.

"He's outside. You shouldn't have stabbed him." Namjoon sits again on the couch as he sighed.

"I had to." You rolled your eyes. "He's so complicated."

"How did you even meet him?" The man in an all-white outfit crossed his legs.

"They needed a bait slash offering for the werewolves and I'm the lucky pick," You huffed.

"And yet, you're helping them? Think about this Astrid, I'll help you get away from them instead." He now crosses his arms in front of him. If you don't know Namjoon's true identity, you would think of him as a businessman who is quite sensitive to his white corporate attire.

"Well, his other friend quite grew on me. He's somewhat nicer and instead of Taehyung saving his life, he told him to save me instead. So, I feel the need to help."

Namjoon didn't say anything else after he seemed to be convinced with my reason about why I wanted to help Taehyung.

The door of your ward suddenly opened and revealed Taehyung who has a wide grin. "See, holy fucker? She really wants to help. Deal's off, find your blade." He bats his long lashes to Namjoon.

"Wait, what deal?" You turned your head to Namjoon.

Sighing, "If you accepted my offer to let you out of their captivity. He'll set us both free," Namjoon explained. 

"And just like a lovely blondie you are, you declined because of my undeniably handsome friend Yeonjun." Taehyung winked at you. "Now, that I have you as my teammates for my search and rescue. You might as well start looking for your missing blade."

"Just him? Aren't we supposed to help him?" You exclaimed.

"You and I are in charge of doing something else. Don't worry, he'll stick with his words as long as I don't do anything bad to his grandma." Taehyung smirked at Namjoon whose fists are currently balled in anger.

"You remember your grandma?"

"White evil birds remember everything not until they reincarnated." Taehyung rolled his eyes. You suddenly wondered how he knows too much about Namjoon's kind. Maybe because he really planned on killing you before to the point that he studied everything about angels.

Your mouth formed an 'o' due to Taehyung's information. Looking at Namjoon, you realized how worried he is. "I'm sorry, I put you into this."

"It's alright. Besides, I'll eventually forget about all of these." You nodded at his question.

Namjoon stood up from his seat, "I'll go now."

"Be sure to get back soon or your granny will join you in heaven." Taehyung threatened and by the looks of Namjoon he really wanted to smack him but he is just resisting.

A true angel.

"Take care!" He smiled at you. Once Namjoon stepped out of your ward, your attention shifted to Taehyung. "What now?" You arched an eyebrow.

"Heal up 'cause we're going to a party." He puts his hands on each side of his waist.

"You almost killed me and now you want to have fun. With me?" You scoffed.

"I got an antidote from the gentlemen of the Oberon Union. You'll heal in no time!" He enthusiastically said.

"No. We're supposed to make a plan to save your friends!" You retaliated. He sat down on the edge of the bed while he looked into your eyes deeply. "Don't force me to do it." Immediately, you covered your eyes if ever Taehyung has a motive to put you in a trance again.

You felt him pulling your other hand and placed a small bottle on it. Slowly, you uncovered your eyes and looked at the thing he gave you. "Drink it." He uttered. "I'm not going to hypnotize you." He rolled his eyes.

"I doubt that." You sneered at him.

"Drink that." He repeated. "We're not going to a masquerade party to enjoy."

"Then what's your plan?"

"You can kill someone, right?"