Chapter 3 : Train

You have to stay here and you don't have any idea for how long. It's your first day here inside this creepy mansion and you don't know what to do. You were informed that Yeonjun's master needs a servant also coined as a maid in the modern era but you are unacquainted about what you should be doing in the duration of your stay here.

Last night, you were deprived even with just a wink of sleep. Deep down inside your heart, you worry for your dad who is all alone outside. You wanted to call your friends to ask them for a bit of a favor but Yeonjun confiscated your phone and beat you already by using it as a means for your escapade.

Jumping out from the cozy bed where the odd man told you to rest, you roamed around your designated room and noticed how dull it is inside. You make your way towards the door and as soon as you open it widely, Yeonjun was terrifyingly standing just outside as if he is waiting for you to come out.

"Breakfast is ready downstairs. Make sure you gain energy from it because we will be doing a lot of things today." You awkwardly nod at him, but it doesn't mean you are now going to act nice towards the man. Trailing behind him, you looked around the house once more to be familiarized with your new temporary shelter.

"Who is she? Is she your master's wife?" You point at the enormous painting displayed in the living room.

"Unfortunately, no. But she is someone very dear to the master." Yeonjun replied without looking back.  You stopped for a second in front of the masterpiece and admired the woman in it. There's a name written below the canvas and it says 'Annais'.

She's pretty.

Observing that Yeonjun is out of your sight, you immediately ran after him inside the dining area. "Woah, are we celebrating something?" You commented after seeing various of food prepared on the table. Suddenly, you wondered if one day you will be obliged to prepare such meals like those considering the fact that you were hired as a maidservant out of your will.

Yeonjun points at the chair near his and that is where you sit. Looking at the mouth-watering feast in front of you, it's hard to endure your hunger. You were waiting for Yeonjun to start off so that you could eat as well, but his eyes are only focused on you. "What?" You arched an eyebrow.

"Go on, eat." He enunciated. Embarrassed, you began to move your utensils and reach out for the foods that first caught your attention the moment you sat in the dining room. You were about to dig in but you can still feel the man's eyes on you.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He chuckled at your question and stood up.

"I see you're uncomfortable with me watching you eat. I'll be in the living room, finish as soon as you can. We're going somewhere later." With that, he left you all alone with a bunch of food that you can't eat on your own.

Ingesting everything that you can on the table, you finished your meal for twenty minutes so you made your way to the living room to look for Yeonjun.

You stayed there for a minute waiting for him but he is nowhere. Standing up from the couch you called his name. "Yeonjun!"

"Let's go," You jounced upon hearing the voice right behind you.

"You freaking scared me!" You complained with your hand on your chest feeling the increase of your heart rate. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see. Don't worry, it's somewhere safe." He assured you with another strange smile. You followed him outside and there you wait for a car for the both of you. "Ladies first," He sounded so noble.

You sat at the shotgun seat while Yeonjun was the one in charge of the steering wheel. Noticing that you are just circling around Tyler, you closed your eyes and drifted into sleep while you hope that the guy next to you will not send you at the other end of the world.

=====

"Give me that," Yeonjun snatched the paper bags from your hands. What's weirding you out is that you both went to the mall to shop for clothes. Not for him, but for you.

At first, you thought he is going to buy you some maid uniform but what he paid for are branded clothes and stylish ones. You have to admit, he has some sense of fashion.

"Who are you giving those, anyway?" Your forehead creased. Looking at his arms filled with the things he bought, it seemed like he looks more like a servant than you.

"These are yours, I have to make sure you're prepared once the master comes back." You grimaced at his statement. To be exact, you are annoyed at him for mentioning that master of his for the past two days yet he is nowhere to be seen.

He led you out of the mall and there he said that he still needs to meet with someone so you both waited on a bench. "What exactly are we doing today?"

"I'm training you."

"Why? Am I a dog now and not a potential chambermaid?" You sarcastically remarked. Definitely not pleased that you have to spend your entire day with a man you barely knew.

"My master is a handful most of the time. You have to be familiarized with his traits so that you won't get on his bad side." He explained further.

"Seeing that he got me into this mess, he already jumped onto mine." You rolled your eyes before sighing deeply.

Unlike what your dad experienced at the hands of this brutal man next to you, you're lucky that you're somehow receiving special treatment. "Master Kim is a very organized man, as you saw from the mansion everything is in its right place. So you should know where you stand. You will attend to him only when he calls you. He speaks frankly so with your attitude, I hope you practice to not get offended too quickly."

"Practicing that would take years," You cut him off. Scowling at the bad news that this master of him and soon your master too is a bugger, you already imagined that the next few days will be much more dreadful than this. 

"You do not answer him back rudely. You will not hear the end of it once you did." His tone was rather mocking than informing.

"Is that a warning?" You snorted at his unreadable reaction. Ignoring your remark, he continued explaining.

"He is a delinquent person, so you should never cross the lines." Your face unintentionally painted a bitch look once who heard his last statement. You were about to say something in return when a man in full black called Yeonjun's name. "Stay here," He ordered.

They had a serious conversation on one corner and you noticed how Yeonjun was indulged at the discussion so without any hesitation, you fled away.

All that you are thinking is how to get back to your dad. But to assure his safety, you needed to go to the police station first.

You hailed a cab and told the driver to send you to the nearest station. Your heart beating thumped even louder at what you just did.

You just escaped from the hands of a fugitive who might run berserk one day and kill you out of his anger. You're not nervous, you are glad that you made the right decision.

Once the cab dropped you off the police station you run inside and reported the crime to the whom you believe is the chief.

"... he wrote the address on our wall using blood." You said every detail of Yeonjun's crime. The officer asked for your full name and the required information he needs.

"Someone has been actually looking for you and is waiting for you outside," You sighed at his given information. It must've been Kayla or Merlie. You're glad you are friends with those people.

You thanked the officer before standing up from your seat to go out of the room with a bottle of water in your hand which was given by the police. Taking a deep breath, you turned the doorknob and opened the metal door.

You dropped the bottle and spilled water on the floor when you saw who has been waiting for you outside.

"Done squandering time here?" Yeonjun asked with an innocent smile stretched on his face.