Chapter 43 : Extraordinary

Felix is nicer than what you've expected. But due to some circumstances, he has to leave immediately earlier. You now owe him a debt, and you don't know how you will ever repay him. And Jimin is obliged to help you with whatever Felix might come up with.

Jimin brought his friend's unconscious body outside. According to him, he'll wake up, and the first thing he'll do is to feed. Basically, he brings his friend outside for a hunt.

You are left alone in the mansion with Namjoon loudly snoring in his room.

=====

It is already almost six in the evening when Namjoon comes out of his room. You are waiting for him, and he is already aware that you know what is currently happening to his beloved grandmother.

He gives you a sad smile as soon as your eyes meet, but that is just it. He heads to the kitchen to probably grab something to eat. You follow him there like a friend who worries deeply for the other.

Sitting on a stool, you watch him prepare himself a sandwich, and of course, he finds you disturbing. The atmosphere is somber and gloomy, not until he snorts out a laugh. "What's funny?" You sulk and frown at him.

"You don't think you're giving me stalker vibes, do you?" He mocks you, and for a second out there, you want to just suddenly brush away your worries for him, but it's impossible. A moment later, Namjoon notices you're expression, and he sighs.

"Stop faking your smile when you're not happy," You blurt out. "That's not healthy."

"Astrid, I-I'm fine. I just don't want to talk about it." And there starts a massive sadness on his face while he continues to perfect his food on the kitchen island.

He doesn't want to talk about it, and you will not deny that it disappointed you a bit. As just a human friend, you want him to at least depend on you with his emotional struggles. You know he will do the same if you're in his position. But if that is what he wants, "Who says we're going to talk? I'm just here making sure you're alright." You shrug your shoulders. Namjoon weakly smiles at you.

He offers you a tuna sandwich, and you gladly take it from his big hands. "What's with the sandwiches?" You mumble.

"Easy to make. Less trouble." He laughs, and relief washes your worries away. If he thinks he can handle himself in this kind of situation, then you have to trust him. The only thing you can do now is be there whenever he can't manage himself anymore.

Your silent food-tripping in Taehyung's kitchen gets interrupted when you hear the lock of the front door click open. Immediately, you shove the last bite of your sandwich in your mouth neatly and head towards the living room. You can hear Namjoon tagging along behind you.

Your eyes glimmer in happiness after seeing Taehyung being mighty fine again. Having him in that state earlier, where you almost lost him, was truly horrifying. The thought itself of him leaving this world is devastating, and you don't even know why.

Without his content, you run towards him and pull him into a tight embrace. I'm not going to cry because of this idiot. Your subconscious whispers to you. Witnessing him here, strong and back to normal, is too overwhelming. Yes, you're too happy.

"Miss me?" He says. You laugh and nod a little; then you feel him hugging you back. Who are you to deny that you didn't miss his snarky and smug remarks?

"Heard you had a rough night; glad you're back," Namjoon greets.

"You too, birdie. I hope your grandmother feels better soon." You mentally roll your eyes at his given nickname to the angel. Once you hear Jimin faking a cough, it is a signal that you should break away from the hug. Damn, that must've been awkward for the other two. Your inner self is embarrassed.