5.3 - Her Fourth Lifetime - His Intellectual & Her Genius

° After treating her dogs, Xue Bi headed towards the chemistry lab. "Why did I sign up for this? The last thing I want is to handle explosive liquids, cancer-causing toxins, and dangerous x-ray radiation."

° "We need it for our computer simulations," replied Lu Kai. It was determined that his health was not good. But here he was, still striving and living.

° His parents gave him the freedom to do whatever he wanted. Luxurious life and crowded parties were not for him, so he persuaded his dad to let him go to school for regular kids. You know, to experience new things with kids his age. He did not expect to gain permission to enter every school in the state, universities included...

° Kids his age were out of the question; they were on entirely different wavelengths, so he decided to stick to universities.

° So what did he actually study? Everything. He stayed awake all night reading books from various school libraries without sleep, just to pass the remaining time.

° The administrators contacted his father, fearing that he was going to kill himself if not stopped. Lu Kai had a tough time controlling the new thoughts and corollaries to what he studied.

° Once a person was no longer limited by preconceived ideas, the person could go beyond basic learning.

° The accumulated knowledge often clashed against each other, which caused him to suffer from nightmares because of his '3D mind-modeling' abilities. Honestly, it wasn't the most pleasant feeling in the world.

° It was like having a virtual laboratory in his head that worked on overdrive. His parents and brother stepped in and prohibited him from reading books and tried to occupy him in other ways, like finding friends or a potential wife for his brother.

° "I poured my blood and sweat into BiBi16," Xue Bi pulled a cardboard box out of her bag, "I hope the protective electromagnetic field would work out this time. She should survive through the high currents."

° "She won't survive all the strains...BiBi17, maybe," responded Lu Kai.

° What did Lu Kai see in this weirdo, loner, and outcast? Everyone in her life started to edge away from her since she was no longer a normal-grown-up. Besides the celibate life she led, her eccentric behavior was a slow descent into mental illness.

° What more, she didn't seem to care at all. He realized he could learn from her, and maybe, one day, they could figure out the world together. "I thought of an idea of how to harness zero-point energy."

° "What?! Seriously, you have to be kidding, right?! No, no. Wait. Let's consider it to be real." Xue Bi looked at him approvingly as if meeting another fool of her kind, "That technology would never see the light of the day because it would disturb the power and hierarchy of this world. Yes, the chances of you getting killed by the government are high... The death would be worth it though..."

° Everyone knew that crazy people were dangerous... They might do anything. And Xue Bi, this mad scientist, was a part of this cult. She had her way of having fun.

° Speaking about being spoiled, she tested her materials in all possible ways. That would include creating small earthquakes in the middle of the night in her laboratory, which she received as a birthday gift from her father.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

° "Lu Kai, you look nothing like your brother," Xue Bi remarked, stopping at her steps suddenly.

° Rustling the chicken nest on his head, Lu Kai looked at his brother that stood before the laboratory, "Zu Kai?" he then glanced back at his simple black turtleneck and jeans, "What are you doing here?"