you want to cuddle

Demi nearly jumped out of her skin when the door suddenly swung open and slammed behind you. The article she'd been busy reading through before was suddenly the least of her worries when she lifted her head to see you standing with slumped shoulders and a frown.

"Oh, baby girl." She spoke softly and turned the tv down to focus more on you. Your eyes swam with a look of sadness and she knew, all of this combined meant that your day had been pretty terrible.

"Hard day, princess?"

"Yeah. Not good."

"What can I do to make it better?"

Your eyes suddenly lit up and she felt her heart race at the sight.

"I wanna cuddle."

She giggled before waving you over. "I'm right here, my love. How about we order your favorite for dinner and we spend the night curled up here with some cozy movies?"

"And lots of cuddles, too?"

"Yes." She laughed and hummed when you climbed onto her lap. "Just give me a couple of minutes. I'm just reading this real quick,"

You whined when she picked her phone back and began to read the words on the screen. She was pretty into it, although it wasn't important for any reason. Just an article that seemed to intrigue her.

But you dropped your forehead onto her shoulder and whined some more before laying your cheek there. She could feel your eyes on her and she just chuckled happily when you started to whine her name.

"Demi? Demi," You whined. "Are you done? Now? How about now?" You asked before burying your face into the crook of her neck. "Baby," your voice was soft and Demi couldn't resist it. But you were beginning to play dirty. Laying your face in her neck made it very easy to lay kisses against her skin. "Can we please cuddle now?"

She sighed softly and looked up from her phone. She cupped your cheeks in her hand and kissed you lovingly. "You're so cute." She whispered. "Okay. This isn't that interesting anymore. Let's cuddle, baby girl."

You hummed as she wrapped you in her embrace and buried her lips in your hair. "Better?"

"Better." You smiled as you began to relax and forget all about the day you'd had.