she calls you her wife but you're not married

Ellen is one of Demi's absolute favorite people and everytime she gets to go on her show it's always fun and memorable.

Demi always smiles and laughs around her, but this time around she was happier than ever, considering you've been mentioned in the conversation more than usual. Ellen was asking Demi how you've been doing, mentioning how incredibly happy she is that you two are together because it's evident how much you love each other and how good you are for one another.

"Yeah she's amazing. She makes me so happy. I'm so lucky to get to love her everyday and to get to call her my wife. I just love her so much." Ellen gasped and the audience did too, everyone shocked by her calling you her wife. Demi didn't even notice though. It's such a common thing for her to call you when she talks to her friends about you. "Your wife?" Ellen asked, her jaw hitting the floor.

Demi laughed, her cheeks going bright red when she realized that she had called you her wife...on national television. "Oh shoot..." Demi trailed off, trying to hide her cheeks that were heating up. "Your wife, huh?" Ellen smirked and Demi giggled. "I mean she's technically not my wife, yet..." That sent the audience into another frenzy. "One day, but not yet. It's just a habit, I guess. My friends tell me that I call her my wife all the time. It's become such a natural thing for me to say, I just don't really notice when I say it anymore."

Demi was a blushing, giggling mess. "Okay, what's next?" Demi joked, laughing as she tried to shift the conversation elsewhere, and thankfully Ellen understood.

When the interview finished about ten minutes later she rushed backstage to her phone. She saw that she'd gotten tons of texts and missed calls from some of her friends and family, but the one that stood out most to her was your text.

Your wife? I really like the sound of that

Demi was beaming as she reread the text over and over again, her heart doing leaps in her chest. She started thinking to herself that maybe, just maybe, she should actually propose to you soon so she could truly, finally, call you her wife, for real.