she's your neighbor and your plumbing is broken

You groaned as you tried to turn the water on in your shower but no matter how hard you tried you couldn't get the water to turn on. You went over to the sink and turned the knobs and once again, no water came from the faucet. Your plumbing must be broken.

You're only in your towel and you just got home from work. All you wanted to do was relax with a nice hot shower but it looks like that's not an option... unless, you go next door to Demi's.

Demi is your neighbor and friend, although both of you have made it pretty clear that you like each other, but neither of you have made a move yet. You grabbed your phone and keys as well as a pair of sweats and a cozy sweater before locking your apartment door and knocking on Demi's. She opened the door and greeted you with a smile. "Hey Demi. My plumbing isn't working and I really need a shower. Can I please use yours?" Demi nodded and stepped aside for you to come in. "Thank you so much." Demi smiled and put her hand on your shoulder, rubbing it and letting her hand linger on your bare skin before pulling away. "It's no problem at all y/n. Take your time."

You closed the bathroom door and hopped inside the shower, making sure to take your time under the hot water that instantly helped you to feel more relaxed. When you got out you dried off and changed into your clean clothes before going back out to the living room where Demi was. "Thank you so much for letting me take a shower." You said as you walked into the living room. "You don't have to thank me. It's seriously no problem." You blushed and looked around her apartment. "I should probably go call maintenance."

Demi watched as you walked to the door and she couldn't stop herself from running to you and grabbing your hand. You turned around to face her, your eyes locking with hers and Demi swore that she felt like her knees might give out on her. "Have you had dinner yet?" You shook your head and Demi took a deep breath before continuing. "Do you maybe wanna come back over after you call them? Maybe we can order some takeout or something?"

Your heart started to race and you looked down at your hand that was still wrapped up in her soft, warm hand. "I'd like that." You said softly, taking a leap of faith and pressing a kiss to her cheek before going to your apartment and closing the door gently behind you as you slid against it to the ground with the biggest smile on your face.

Maybe your plumbing breaking today wasn't such a bad thing after all.