koala hugs

You let out a long sigh and closed the door behind you. You leaned your back against it and let all of your worries and stresses fade away completely. The smell of something delicious filled the air and you breathed in slowly and closed your eyes to bask in the scent that practically made your mouth water.

Kicking off your shoes by the door and putting your keys onto the table, you took a few more steps. You were right by the first step of the staircase and about to turn the corner to head into the kitchen, but before you could you heard something beautiful.

Demi.

She was singing loudly, beautiful voice filling your ears, and making a feeling of joy spread through your heart. There was a smile on your face as you took the stairs quickly and followed her voice until you stood outside her music room.

You stood in the doorway, watching as she played her piano and sang some powerful and beautiful lyrics as they came to her mind. You felt proud. It was amazing seeing her live out her dream, but just as amazing to watch the process of it all as each and every song came together.

She stopped and dropped her hands onto her lap. She took a deep breath and picked up the pen to scribble down more lyrics before she tangled her fingers in her hair.

"Demi?"

Your voice made her jump and she turned around, but she was happy to see you; judging by the bright smile on her face.

"You're home. How was your day?" She asked before turning back around to pick up her pen again. You frowned a little and pouted your lips before taking a few steps to get closer and closer to her.

You didn't say anything as you spun her around again then climbed into her lap and hooked your legs around her hips as you buried your face in her neck. She laughed and put her arms around you. You didn't have to look up to know that she was smiling and that her eyes were just as bright; you could tell already.

"It was good but I missed you."

"I missed you too. But I ordered your favorite for dinner! I figured you'd enjoy it after a long day."

You lifted your head and your smile was just as big as hers.

"I love you. You're absolutely amazing."

She hooked her fingers under your chin and pulled you in for a loving kiss. Your heart fluttered when you felt her lips tug up against yours.

"I love you too. I'll do anything for you; as long as it makes you happy."