She has an anxiety attack

Demi was in the studio and she couldn't seem to sit still no matter what she did. She was pacing back and forth in the small booth. She wasn't sure what went wrong but something did and now she could barely breathe. She needed you.

She reached for her phone and clicked on your contact, muttering to herself and begging for you to pick up as tears filled her eyes. "Hey baby!" Demi tried to say something but no words would come out. Instead all you got in response was her sobbing and it put you on high alert right away. "Demi? Honey are you okay?" She shook her head, despite the fact that you couldn't see her. "No. i'm really anxious. I don't know why but I am. Can you please come pick me up? I wanna come home for the day."

She heard the sound of your keys jingling followed by the sound of a car door closing. "Yeah i'm on my way right now, my love. You just hang in there and try to breathe. I love you. I'll be there soon." You ended the call and Demi sunk to the floor, pulling her knees up to her chest as she rocked back and forth, hoping and praying you'd be there soon.

The door opened a few minutes later and you rushed inside the booth. You sat down next to Demi and let her crawl onto your lap, her face buried in the crook of your neck and immediately she started to cry. "It's okay baby, i'm here for you." "I can't breathe y/n. I don't know what to do." She panicked, her heart racing and her mind swarming with unwanted thoughts. She was clearly terrified and her shaky and sweaty hands gripped yours tightly, squeezing the life out of them. "Demi look at me." You lifted her chin up, her eyes looking into yours as tears fell down her cheeks.

"Breathe with me baby, you can do it. Focus on me; focus on the sound of my voice and my breathing." She put her head on your chest and felt the steady rise and fall of it, her breathing soon matching yours but she was clearly still anxious. "Just close your eyes. I'm here with you. Nothing's gonna happen to you, I promise." She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes, her heart rate soon slowing down and returning to normal. Her skin was clammy from how sweaty she was but she felt a lot better.

She lifted her head from your chest and let you wipe away the remainder of her tears. "Wanna tell me what happened babe?" Demi shook her head, part of her just not wanting to talk about it but the other part of her didn't want to because she genuinely didn't know what happened and what caused her to have an anxiety attack. One thing she did know though was how immensely grateful she was for you, even more so than usual in that moment.

And when she felt a little better the first thing she did was plant a bunch of kisses to your face. "Thank you for coming to help me. You dropped everything to come get me. I love you so much, you know that, right?" You smiled and kissed her lips sweetly, pulling away a few seconds later only to kiss her temple. "Of course I know that you love me, sweet girl. I love you just as much, and I didn't mind dropping everything for you. I wasn't really doing that much in the first place. Now come on, let's get you home."

You helped her stand up, her knees a little wobbly but with your help she made it out to the car. You helped her in the passenger seat before climbing in the drivers side. Demi reached out to grab your hand in hers, her fingers intertwined with yours. She brought your hand up to your lips and planted a few soft kisses to your soft skin. "I love you baby girl." You smiled and leaned over to kiss her cheek. You tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and pecked her lips before starting the car. "I love you too, Demi."