I'll love you just the way you are (requested)

You quietly closed the door behind you and then leaned your forehead against it with a happy smile.

It's after three am and you just got home from sneaking out with your girlfriend and you were on cloud nine. You've been secretly dating for the past few months and you're happier than you ever have before.

You knew you had an early day tomorrow so you turned around and planned to navigate your way through the dark kitchen and up the stairs to your room, but you could only take two steps before the lights flicked on and your mom was standing there, tiredly rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she walked across the tiles for a glass of water.

She jumped when she saw you but the look of her surprise in her eyes was quickly replaced with anger. "What are those things on your neck? Are those hickeys?" She asked angrily as she stormed over to you. She touched the hickeys that were scattered across your neck which caused you to wince in pain.

"Ow, mom, don't!"

You pushed her hand away. Demi folded her arms over her chest as she sent you a look of disappointment. "You snuck out, didn't you? Where the hell did these hickeys come from? I didn't even know you had a boyfriend. What's his name?"

You wanted to crawl out of your own skin. You had gotten caught and only had two options. Come clean and come out to your mom or lie. You knew, in the end, it'd only be worse if you lied to her, which only seemed to leave you one other option.

"I don't have a boyfriend." You mumbled and looked down at your feet.  "I have a girlfriend."

You heard her gasp. You saw tears in her eyes when you lifted your head. You were shaking. You felt scared to keep talking but at the same time, you knew there was no going back. "I like girls, mom."

You didn't know what to expect, but it surely wasn't to be pulled in for the most comforting hug you've ever received. You started to cry into her shirt. For the longest time, you've dreaded coming out to her because you didn't really know how she'd react. But when you felt her tears hit your head you knew she was crying along with you. Not because she was sad, but because she was proud.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Her hands cupped your cheeks, thumb brushing away your tears as you sniffled. "I don't know. I guess I got scared."

"Honey, I love you more than anything in this world. You liking girls is never going to change that. I'm as proud of you as I've always been before and I love you just as much." You were trembling as she hugged you tightly once again. You hadn't felt so relieved in so long as you stood there in the kitchen with your mom, holding onto her as you both cried tears of happiness.

Demi led you to the kitchen table. Neither of you was tired anymore or worried about the day ahead. All your mom cared about was you and the girl you clearly cared so much about.

"Okay, so talk to me. Tell me all about your girlfriend and don't leave out any details. I wanna know all about her!" She said excitedly and listened as you spoke with the biggest smile on your face she had ever seen before.

You never had any reason to hide things from your mom, because no matter what she'd always love you just the way you are.