your daughter gets her first period (requested)

You heard the sound of yours and Demi's 12-year-old daughters' footsteps on the stairs as she ran up to her room. The door slammed making you stop in your tracks.

Demi came rushing out of the bathroom with the basket of dirty clothes in her hands. "What was that? Was that Ava?" You nodded and Demi set the basket on the floor before rushing out of the room and across the hall to Ava's.

She knocked gently on the door. "Ava? Can you open the door sweetie?" She could hear the sound of Ava crying. "Mom? Something happened." Demi started to panic, automatically thinking the worst. "What happened? Can you open the door?"

Ava sniffled. "I started my period" she murmured and Demi's heart leaped in her chest. "That's okay. I have something to help you until we can go to the store to get you your own later on, okay?" Ava unlocked her door and threw her arms around her mom.

"It was so humiliating." Demi rubbed her back. "It's a normal part of life. Every girl goes through it at some point. And now, you'll have them for years to come." Ava groaned before they both began to laugh together. "I'll be back. I'm gonna grab you something and then tell your mom." Ava nodded and went to the bathroom to wait for Demi.

As soon as Demi came in you looked at her with a look of worry. "Is she okay?" Demi nodded but took your hand in hers. "Princess... our little girl is growing up. She got her first period." Your eyes went wide, an airy chuckle leaving your lips. She's grown up so quickly.

Demi grabbed a pad from under the sink before taking it down the hall to Ava. "Thanks, mom." She said, closing the door so Demi couldn't come in. It gave her a moment to really reflect on how quickly she's grown. It seemed like just yesterday that she couldn't seem to tie her own shoes, and now she's got a period.

Ava came out of the bathroom a moment later and hugged Demi. "Thank you, mom. You're the best." She said before rushing to hug you and tell you about what happened too.

Demi knew it then. Your little girl isn't a little girl anymore. She's growing up, and she's growing up fast.