you propose (requested)

"As much as I love and appreciate all of this, what is it all for, princess?" Demi asked you from across the table. Your plates were empty, your stomach's full. Under the dim lights, she looked even more breathtaking than she usually does.

You planned a really romantic dinner. You had made reservations at her favorite spot and booked a table that would allow you both some privacy. After all, you had something special you've been dying to ask her, and you wanted it to be as special as possible!

You had gotten lost in your thoughts, trying to think of the best way to get down on one knee as quickly as you could. Her hand fell onto yours and she gave it a squeeze. When you looked up you saw her intense gaze and the smile on her face. Your heart skipped a beat and you took in a shaky breath before squeezing her hand in return.

"I wanted to do something special for you." You explained and watched her lips tug up as she sent you that beautiful smile of hers that always makes your heart skip a beat; this time being no exception.

"I love you. I've loved you long before I told you that I loved you for the very first time. You've made me happier than I ever thought I could be. You make all of my bad days better and you make my good days absolutely perfect. Even though we've had our ups and downs like every other couple does, we've always worked things out. We make a good team! Always have."

She nodded in agreement. She wasn't quite sure where all of this was coming from, but she was loving hearing you talk about how much she means to you, because you surely mean the world to her, too.

"I love you so much. I've been so lucky to call you my girlfriend for the last two years, but I'd much rather call you my fiancée instead now."

You got out of your chair and down onto one knee in front of her. She gasped as you pulled the ring out of your pocket and held it out for her.

"Demi, will you marry me?"

You saw the tears in her eyes. You didn't even care if people were trying to sneak a peek at your special moment any longer, all you cared about was that nod of her head and that one special word that fell from her lips.

"Yes!"

A tear streamed down her cheek as you took her hand and slid the ring onto her finger. She looped her arms around you and hugged you tightly before pulling away to kiss you. Her gaze fell to her hand on your shoulder.

"It's so beautiful..." she whispered.

"You're even more beautiful." You whispered back to her. "I love you so much, baby girl. I can't believe we get to spend the rest of our lives together."

Demi chuckled tearfully. "I get to call you my wife soon. I can't wait. You make me the happiest woman in the world. I love you too."

She kissed you, again and again, feeling her heart swell with an indescribable amount of love and happiness. She had never felt so excited about the future before, and neither have you.