the lucky one (requested)

Standing in the front row gave you the best view of your smiley girlfriend as she poured out her heart and soul to the thousands of fans in attendance, all of which here tonight just to see her shine.

The piano was set in the middle of the stage and when Demi handed over her guitar to one of the crew members and walked to take a seat at the piano, she sent you a nervous smile and licked her dry lips.

Fans cheered excitedly as she started to play the soft but sad melody. To try to make it easier to sing, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before letting the lyrics to sober fall from her lips.

You cheered for her, hoping it'd ease her nerves. But your cheer fell onto deaf ears, mixing in with the ones of the fans that were all around you in the front row and altogether as the crowd tried to sing with her.

"I got no excuses for all of these..." she paused, biting her lip as it became too tough to sing and the words faded from her racing mind. "Goodbyes. Call me when it's over 'cause I'm dying inside. Wake me when the shakes are gone and the cold sweats disappear. Call me when it's over and myself has reappeared."

Her beautiful voice was heard for you and the thousands of fans there to cheer her on. But she suddenly stopped as she choked on her words, swallowing back the lump in her throat only for it to reappear again.

"I can't..." she mumbled and stopped singing altogether before chewing at the skin on her lip as she tried to stop herself from breaking down. But it was too late.

The tears were already falling down her cheeks. It was an overwhelming moment; to be back on stage again, only to perform the song that made her feel most vulnerable as she sang and confessed her deepest secrets and darkest fears.

You stood in the front row speechless and saddened for her. Watching her cry broke your heart and instinctively, you tried to go join her on stage by taking the steps.

But the guard in the front row prevented you from climbing them. His arms extended out to keep you from going around him and he gave you an emotionless gaze, warning you not to do whatever he thought you had in mind.

"You don't understand! Demi is my girlfriend,"

"Yeah, sure." He spoke and you huffed in annoyance. "I've heard that too many times to count. I'm not falling for it."

You stomped your feet and looked for Demi on stage and just as you found her she just so happened to be turning her head to look your way for you and the fans beside you.

Her teary eyes went wide and she shook her head before going to the front of the stage and bending down by the guard.

"I know you're only doing your job and I appreciate you keeping me and everyone else safe. But that's my girlfriend and I need her right now."

The guard went wide-eyed and immediately let you on stage. When you threw your arms around her the fans in the crowd started to cheer, but it was as though they all faded away as she relaxed and found comfort in your arms.

"I'm sorry." She whimpered. "I can't do it."

"I know it's not easy, baby." You whispered as you pulled back so you could cup her soft cheeks in your hands. "But you can do it. No one is here to judge you. Look at all of your fans who came to see you, who love you for you, and find happiness in you and your music. I know it's a tough song to sing and it's not easy for you, but I know you can do it."

She bit her cheek and suddenly, an idea came into her mind.

"Can you sing it with me?"

"Demi," you chuckled nervously. "In front of all these people."

"You said it yourself. No one is here to judge me. Knowing how in love with you I am and how much you mean to me, I know they're not gonna judge you, either. I can't do it without you."

"O-Okay." You mumbled. "Only for you."

You sat at the piano beside her and soon, her voice filled the arena once more. You melted at the beautiful sound and dropped your cheek onto her shoulder, singing along with her as you both got through the vulnerable but beautiful moment.

You heard fans singing along and knowing that, as well as knowing Demi felt better about performing it, made you feel more at ease. You found the same joy she feels when she performs, catching a glimpse into the beautiful and breathtaking moments spent on stage.

And soon enough, she finished and dropped her head onto yours.

"Thank you," she spoke into the mic and you knew she wasn't just thanking the fans, but also you. She kissed your cheek and then the crown of your head and her eyes met yours, a look of love in them.

"I couldn't have done that without you." She whispered softly. "You might just have to come on stage every night for the next three months with me to sing it."

You shook your head with a laugh. "Maybe, if you're lucky."

"I am lucky." She whispered, kissing your head once more. "I have you. I'm so, so lucky."