you're a paramedic and you come home after a bad day (requested)

Being a paramedic isn't an easy job. it comes with a lot of pressure and as much as you love helping people it can leave you feeling extremely stressed out.

Like today. You felt like you were gonna fall apart at any given moment because you and your partner were unable to save someone today. You couldn't get there in time and it left you feeling guilty and helpless. You blame yourself.

You walked in the house and immediately broke down. Demi heard the sound of your cries coming from the living room and she wanted to fall apart with you when she saw you sobbing. She could tell as soon as she saw you, though. She's been with you long enough to know when you've had a bad day, and she could tell this was one of those times.

She sighed sadly and took a seat next to you. "Rough day, princess?" You could only nod your head, unable to speak from how hard you were sobbing. "It's not your fault. You did everything you could." It's the same thing she'll tell you when you have one of these days. She knows you work hard, that you do everything you can every time, and when you can't save someone for whatever unfortunate reason, you feel guilty and a little sad for days upon days.

"I'll be right back, okay?" You didn't say anything back, your emotions too strong. Demi kissed your cheek before going upstairs but she came back down a moment later. She held your hand as she led you upstairs and into the bathroom and you melted at the sight.

The bathtub was filled with warm water while the bathroom lights were dimmed, and there was soft music playing. You felt Demi begin to pull off your shirt and as soon as your clothes were all off, you got into the bath and let the warm water hit your sore and tense muscles. "Good?" Demi asked, making sure it wasn't too hot for you. She smiled when you nodded because you felt too relaxed to do much else.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to check on you. Take your time and relax for as long as you need to." You heard her walk out of the bathroom and you opened your eyes, reaching out to grab your shampoo to rinse your hair.

You finished your bath a little while later but Demi hasn't come back in yet, so as soon as you got out you went to see where she was. You found her in the kitchen and you walked up behind her and wrapped your arms around her. "Hi baby girl. How are you feeling?" She asked as she turned around, planting a kiss to your lips and letting her forehead rest upon yours. "Better. Thank you."

Demi grinned and handed you a mug. You knew right away what it was, she makes it for you after every stressful or bad day. You took a sip and sighed as the hot chocolate hit your throat. It's a comforting drink for you and always your go to whenever days like this come around.

Demi grabbed your hand and led you back upstairs. She pulled you against her chest right away. You sighed as she began to rub your shoulders. "Wanna talk about what happened?" You shook your head and Demi was okay with that. She didn't wanna push you too far, and if you weren't wanting to talk about it she would never force you.

"I know you said that you don't wanna talk about it, and that's alright. I understand and I love you far too much to push you to tell me, but I want you to know that it's not your fault. Whatever happened, I know that you did all you could, and i'm sure that person knew and their family knows that too. I know you care. I know you have the biggest heart and you only wanna help people, so please don't beat yourself up too much. You've helped so many people, princess, but you can't save every single one of them. You have to forgive yourself."

You leaned your head on your shoulder and closed your eyes. "I know. Thank you. I love you Demi." Demi smiled and stroked your hair. "Anytime baby girl. I love you more."