let go (requested)

Parties; you hate them. You hate the stench of the alcohol, the blaring music, and the lights that were just too bright. But this one was a little different. Matthew was throwing it and he obviously invited you and Demi to come, and with his promise that there wouldn't be too many people there, you decided to tag along.

You had to hand it to him. There weren't too many people, but there were quite a few unfamiliar faces and that made you a little nervous. Demi could sense your anxiety. Your hand was intertwined with hers and she could feel the sweat on your palms and the way your hand shook.

You blew out a deep and heavy breath. You felt Demi squeeze your hand and this brought a small smile to your face. "Hey. I'm right here with you." She reminded you and leaned in for a kiss. "Thanks, Demi. I'm gonna go use the bathroom, okay?"

She nodded and pecked you on your lips two times before you walked away. When you came from the bathroom a moment later you were looking down at your phone, just casually scrolling through Instagram to see what your friends were up to tonight. You bumped into someone else you assumed was just walking by.

"I'm sorry!" You apologized and quickly tucked your phone into your pocket before looking up. You were met with two green eyes that belonged to a somewhat intoxicated man. "It's alright." The man said, flashing you a smile. His tongue darted out and he looked you up and down as he licked his lips. His gaze turned dark and you grew uncomfortable.

"S-Sorry again." You said and tried to walk away but as you did, you felt a hand grab your wrist. It was him and his grip on you was tight. "Hey! I wasn't done talking to you." He said sternly and pushed you back against the wall. You looked around for Demi but didn't see her anywhere and this only scared you more. "Let me go! You're hurting me!"

He laughed in response. "Why should I let you go?"

"Because she said so."

You'd recognize that voice from anywhere. You turned your head and saw Demi standing there. She looked angry. Her arms were folded and her jaw was clenched tightly. You'd never seen her so mad.

"Mind your own business!"

"Hey!" She yelled, taking the man by surprise. "That's my girlfriend, asshole. This is my business, and you're gonna let her go. Right. Now."

The man cleared his throat but tried to stand his ground despite his nerves.

"And if I don't?"

Demi let out a chuckle in a way you'd never even heard come from her before. It was dark. She was angry, but she wasn't afraid. She was making that crystal clear to him.

"You don't even wanna know, buddy."

The man looked at you and then at his feet.

"I'm gonna tell you one last time - let her go. I swear to god, if you don't, you're gonna regret even coming here tonight."

A few seconds passed. You looked between the both of them, wondering what would happen next.

"Go!" She yelled so loud that it caught the attention of a couple of people around you. The man cleared his throat and loosened his grip on you. "Whatever," He said and walked away, expecting to just simply carry on. But a few people had seen what had happened and soon, the man was being shoved out as Demi rushed over to where you stood.

She grabbed your wrists and looked at them carefully. "You're not hurt, are you?"

"No. Thanks to you, I'm just fine."

She breathed out a sigh of relief and hugged you. "I'm so sorry, baby girl. I'm sorry it happened and that I didn't see what was happening sooner."

You shook your head and hugged her back just as tightly. "It's okay. You're here now and you kept me safe. You protected me like you always promised you will."

She kissed your head and kept you safe in her arms. "I'll always keep you safe, no matter what."