you forget her birthday (requested)

You felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist followed by fingers pushing up your shirt a little and running across your spine. "Good morning," you turned around to see your girlfriend smiling at you. "Morning princess."

She pressed her lips to yours and as her fingers moved from your back and to your hips was when Demi realized you were dressed, the familiar fabric of your blue jeans uncomfortably brushing across the pads of her fingers. "You're dressed?" You nodded and tried to kiss her again but she let your lips fall to her cheek as she turned away. "Where are you going?"

"Oh, one of my coworkers is sick so I'm picking up her shift for her." Demi's smile was long gone, now replaced with a frown and slightly teary eyes. "Hey... what's wrong? It's not like we had anything going on today." Her heart sank in her chest. Did you really forget her birthday?"

"We didn't?" You shook your head and Demi's heart broke right there. "Oh. Okay then. I'm gonna go back to bed, I'm not really feeling all that well. Have a good day" she smiled and walked upstairs leaving you confused.

Demi sat on the bed in tears. You're the most important person in the world to her and you forgot her birthday. She hoped that you'd realize what day it is before you left, but that hope vanished when she heard the front door close. And she broke down, not really wanting to do anything else but crawl back under the covers and cry.

Demi's eyes opened when her phone chimed. She had fallen asleep. She reached for her phone, a small smile on her face when she saw all the messages from her friends and family. She messaged them all back before going onto Instagram and checking her tagged photos. She liked a few posts from fans before locking her phone and putting it back down on the nightstand.

She heard you come in the house only an hour later. It's only three, you shouldn't be home for another hour or so. She heard you running up the stairs before rushing into the room and over to her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." You mumbled into her hair as you pressed kisses to her head. "I'm the worst girlfriend. I'm so sorry Demi. I swear I didn't mean to..." You paused and checked her face to gauge her reaction. You sighed and took her soft hands in your own. you brought them both up to your lips and pressed a few kisses to them both. "Happy birthday, beautiful girl. I love you so much."

Demi felt a tear slide down her cheek. You wiped it away and kissed her cheek. "I understand if you're mad at me but I really am sorry." You felt Demi's lips on yours before her thumb touched her cheek lightly. "I'm not upset. I mean, I was earlier. But I'm not now. You remembered and you're here now and that's all that matters to me." You pecked her lips before pulling back. "I have something for you."

You grabbed her hand and led her downstairs to the kitchen. "Close your eyes," you said but when she only looked at you confused you giggled and put her hands over her eyes. "Keep them covered." You told her before going to the other side of the kitchen.

Demi heard the rustling of a bag before she heard something click. "Okay. Open your eyes." When she did she saw a cupcake with a candle in the center on the counter. "Blow it out. Make a wish." Demi blew the candle out and you put your hand on her back. "What'd you wish for?"

"Nothing." You furrowed your eyebrows. "What? Why not?" Demi turned to you and put her hands on your hips. "Because all I could ever want is right here with me right now." She leaned in to kiss you and you put your hand on her back.

But what she didn't expect was for you to shove the cupcake in her face and spread the icing all over. She gasped as you laughed at her. "Oh, you better run!" you turned and ran up the stairs, both of you laughing as she trailed after you and eventually caught you.

She buried her face in your neck and purposely brushed her nose across your skin causing most of the icing to fall onto your shoulder. "Demi!" You laughed before she pulled you in for another kiss, this time taking her time with it.

"I love you. Happy birthday beautiful." You leaned your forehead against hers and gazed into her eyes. "This is the best birthday I've ever had. I love you too."