you wake them for cuddles

Your eyes flew open when you felt the rush of cool air along your shoulder blades. You blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness in the bedroom and then looked at the time on the clock on your nightstand, finding that it was just a little after four-thirty in the morning.

You can't seem to remember the last time you woke up feeling cold. You always stay warm during the night with Demi by your side. They're always there to hold onto you through the night, keeping you as warm as possible. It's a rarity and you really don't like it.

"Demi?" You mumbled and began to feel around on the bed for them. "Baby? Where are you?" You spoke in your sleepy state, almost grumbling as you began to spend more time awake without Demi's arms around you when you felt so exhausted and wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep in the comfort and warmth of their arms.

"Demi?" You almost whined as you continued to feel the sheets against the tips of your fingers for a few more seconds until you finally felt their warm and skin against your fingertips. "Babe?"

You shook their shoulder and they whined as you stirred them from their sleep.

"Y/N?" They mumbled through their yawn as they opened their eyes. "What is it, baby?"

"Can you roll over?" You asked as you noticed they were laying on their stomach.

"Hm?" They asked, almost confused.

"Please?"

They sighed quietly, cozy in the position they'd been comfortable in before. But for you, they'd do anything, even if it means being awake for whatever reason at almost five in the morning.

"Thank you."

"What'd you need that for, baby?" They asked, almost giggling, only to become speechless and quiet as you curled up in their warm arms. You hummed as you put your head on their chest, a smile tugging at your lips when you tangled your legs with theirs and you heard their heartbeat in your ear.

"Just needed to cuddle you."

"You woke me for cuddles?" They asked, unable to contain the smile tugging at their lips as they stared down at you with an adoring gaze; feeling their heart swell in their chest with indescribable love for you.

"Yeah. I woke up and you weren't holding me. I can't sleep without you cuddling me."

"Well, do you feel better now, my love?" They asked as they kissed your head and held you a little tighter in their secure embrace.

"Much better." You mumbled as you began to drift back off to sleep. "I love you."

"I love you more." They whispered in your ear and rubbed your back as you fell back to sleep in their arms, wondering how they'd gotten so lucky to have you and be able to continue falling even more in love with you every single day.