sleepy kisses

Demi let out a loud yawn and pulled the covers back before climbing into bed next to you.

She pressed a sweet kiss to your cheek and turned the lamp off. "Goodnight princess." She mumbled and put her head back on the pillow and closed her eyes, ready for a peaceful night of sleep.

She had a long day and was exhausted, calling an early night as she didn't have any energy left in her body and just wanted to sleep.

You, however, were wide awake. You had a good day but you really missed Demi and you had hoped that when she got home you could spend a little time together.

You understand she's tired; hell, with as hard as she works and as many hours as she spends working it was no surprise. You'd be tired too. But she hadn't shown you much affection after arriving home. Just a few kisses on your cheeks or forehead and a few sweet hugs mixed with a few I love you's. It left you feeling a little deprived.

You decided to lean over and give her a little kiss, thinking she was asleep and probably wouldn't even notice.

But no. She was awake. You could tell by the wide smile that was on her face followed by her eyes opening. She cupped your cheek as a few adorable and happy giggles escaped her lips. She could feel the warmth under her fingertips from the blush that covered your cheeks.

"You're just the cutest," she mumbled and pulled you back in for another kiss. This one was much more passionate than the last and neither of you hurried to pull away. "I love you princess. I'm sorry I was too tired to do much of anything but I'll make it up to you tomorrow."

You smiled against her lips making her do the same. And with one final but long and loving kiss, she pulled back and pushed your head down on her chest where the sound of her heartbeat filled your ears and soothed you to sleep with a smile on your face, already ready and excited for morning to come.