whatever makes you feel better

Demi put the plastic bag full of things that she bought at the store in hopes that it would help you feel better on the bed. When she left just twenty minutes ago that's where you were. You've been up with the flu all night and she thought maybe you'd be able to get some rest while she was gone, but you weren't in bed and she knew you weren't downstairs because that's where she just came from and you weren't there just a couple minutes ago.

She noticed that the bathroom light was on and the door was only open a crack. She gently pushed it open and she felt relieved when she saw you sleeping on the bathroom floor. She knelt down next to you, pushing some hair away that was sticking to your forehead. You slowly opened your eyes and Demi smiled a little. "Hey princess. Why are you sleeping on the bathroom floor?" She stroked your cheek softly. "Tiles are cold. Feels nice." Demi felt how hot your skin was as she stroked your face softly, a clear sign that your fever was still high.

"Why don't we get you back to bed, okay?" You shook your head, sweating and going a little pale as the nausea returned once more. "No. Wanna stay here. Don't wanna move. The tiles feel good, please don't make me move, Demi." A tear fell from your eye and Demi wiped it away. You were emotional from being so sick and feeling so gross and Demi would always do whatever would make you feel better.

So she kissed your forehead and walked out of the bathroom, returning a minute later with a couple pillows, a bottle of water for you, and a hair-tie for you. She sat down on the floor next to you, gently lifting your head and putting the pillow under it before you laid it back down. She put  a pillow down for her to lean on, quickly but carefully tying your hair up in a messy bun in case you got sick again. She laid down next to you and rubbed your back, leaning her head down to press a few kisses to the exposed and warm skin of your shoulder.

It was only a few minutes later when you felt sick again and Demi was right behind you the whole time. She rubbed your back and whispered comforting words in your ear until you stopped. Once you were done she helped you lay back down and she gently rubbed your stomach, pressing a few kisses to your face. "I love you Demi." Demi smiled and watched you close your eyes, telling you that she loved you too, right before you fell back asleep on the cold tiles once again.