promise rings

"I have a surprise for you." Demi smiled as she sat up, gently moving you away from her chest. "You do?" Demi can tell you're excited. It's valentine's day and although you wanted to keep it a little lowkey, Demi couldn't help herself for doing something special.

She pulled out a little box from her pocket, your eyes going wide with a tiny hint of fear. Demi giggled and took your hand. 'I'm not proposing yet princess, I promise." You sighed and laughed a little. "It's a promise ring." You smiled as she pulled it out of the box. "It's beautiful..." you said as you stared at it in awe. "Just like you." Demi muttered as she gave your hand a small squeeze.

"I promise that no matter what happens in our lives, i'm always gonna be here for you. I'll always love you, through your best times and your worst times. I promise to always treat you the way you deserve to be treated - with love and compassion. I promise to always appreciate you and remind you how wonderful and amazing you are. I promise that one day I will ask you to marry me and we'll do all those things you dream of doing in the future, but for now I promise to make you the happiest you can possibly be. I love you so damn much and I promise I always will."

She slid the ring on your finger and wiped away the tear that fell from your eye. You buried your face in her neck and wrapped both of your arms around her. "Thank you Demi. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I love you so much too." Demi grabbed your chin and kissed you tenderly. "You make me so happy princess, you have no idea how much I love and care about you. I'm always gonna love you and i'm always gonna keep these promises and make all of your dreams come true."

You chuckled and kissed her cheek, your lips lingering on her soft skin for a second. "How'd I get so lucky?" Demi smiled and rubbed your back gently. "I'm the lucky one, baby girl."