sore throats (requested)

The feeling of the sun shining through the curtains and onto your warm skin awoke you from your relaxed and peaceful state.

The longer you laid there and the more awake you became, you realized how sick and uncomfortable you felt. Your throat felt raw and sore and your body ached a little. You noticed Demi's absence from the warm bed so you got up and went downstairs to where she was.

She sat at the table with a cup of warm coffee in front of her while she scrolled through her feed. You went to the fridge, craving some ice-cold water which, unfortunately, didn't bring any comfort to your sore throat as you had hoped.

Demi got up from the table upon seeing you in the kitchen. She smiled and walked up behind you. She noticed the heat on your skin but shrugged it off. "You doing okay this morning?" She asked and watched you nod your head. You were being quiet, too quiet for her liking. "Anything you wanna do today?" You shook your head and Demi sighed.

You wordlessly left the kitchen and went to the living room where you put on your favorite movie and curled up on the couch. Demi frowned at the sight; you looked really tired which was a little worrying considering how much sleep you had gotten the night before and how deep you had slept.

"Whatcha watching?" She asked as she lifted your feet and sat down on the couch, putting them down in her lap. You didn't say anything back, just stared at her and pointed to the DVD case and Demi couldn't help but feel a little hurt.

The day went by quicker than usual. You didn't really move from the couch, only changing positions and eventually curling up to Demi. But that changed when you became too uncomfortable and too warm with the body heat she was radiating with your already warm skin.

She was desperate to hear you speak to her. She's tried to get you to talk throughout the day but you just won't budge and she felt like you were ignoring her.

She's told you jokes, tried to do little things to cheer you up like make you some lunch or rub your shoulders. She sang to you, she's giving you a lot of affection, but you just won't speak.

She had the idea of turning your favorite comedy on and when you didn't even smile at some of your favorite parts, she grew angry.

She paused it and threw the remote next to her on the couch. "What is wrong with you? Did I do something wrong? Have I forgotten something important?" You looked at her slightly confused and Demi just scoffed. "Don't act like you don't know what you're doing. You're ignoring me! Why? What'd I do?"

But you didn't answer. You couldn't.

Because you started to cough, the urge coming on from out of nowhere. But it was painful and made your shoulders shake with every agonizing second.

Demi put her hand on your back and when you stopped coughing you had tears in your eyes, both from Demi's outburst and how much worse your throat felt.

You pointed to your throat and whimpered and that's when it sank in. "Oh, baby. Are you sick?" You nodded weakly and felt Demi's hand on your forehead. She frowned when she felt how warm you were. "You're burning up. C'mon, up to bed we go."

She turned off the tv and helped you up and when you reached the bedroom you basically collapsed right onto it, your body drained of any energy you had before.

Demi went to the bathroom and started to dig around for something to help you, finally finding some cold medicine a couple of minutes later, which she was sure you had.

She poured some of the liquid into the small cup and you swallowed it before burying your head in your pillows. "What can I do for you? Anything?" You shook your head and felt the mattress dip down as she laid next to you. You felt her hand push your shirt up before it came into contact with your skin a few seconds later.

She rubbed your back and kissed your head, wanting to help you in any way she could. "Want me to sing to you again?" You turned your head and looked at her with tired eyes, nodding tiredly, wanting to hear her beautiful and calming voice.

She started to sing your favorite song as she pulled the blanket over you and tucked you in. She kept her voice quiet but soft, only pausing here and there to kiss your head a few times. She twirled your hair around her fingers and watched your eyelashes flutter against your cheeks.

It only took you a few minutes to fall asleep and Demi smiled at how angelic you looked. She didn't leave, she stayed there holding you, promising not to move in case you needed her.

"I'm gonna be right here, taking care of you till you feel better. I promise, princess. Sleep tight. I love you so much," she whispered and put her head on your back, listening closely to the sound of your breathing as you slept. She definitely wouldn't be leaving your side until you felt okay again.