every step of the way (requested)

Demi felt the warm water falling on her hands when something caught her eye.

She turned the faucet off and saw the blade on the tub. She picked it up carefully, her heart dropping when she noticed bloodstains on parts of the metal and the tub.

She threw the bathroom door open and the sight of you sitting on the floor in front of the bed with another blade in your hand brought tears to her eyes.

She didn't wanna startle you so she quietly tiptoed over to you, but when she watched you press the blade onto your skin followed by trickles of blood appearing she was by your side in a heartbeat. She pulled it away from you and looked into your teary eyes.

"Y/n... why? Why would you do this to yourself?" She got up and grabbed a towel from the bathroom. She pressed it against the cuts, watching the white fabric turn red. "I'm sorry." Tears streamed down your face and Demi felt her bottom lip trembling.

"Tell me what's going on." She said as she used one hand to apply pressure to your wrist and used the other to wipe away your tears, not even worried about the ones that were falling down her own cheeks. "I can't help it. I don't feel good enough anymore. People online... they're calling me really mean names and I just don't like who I am anymore."

Demi pulled you in her arms and let you sob into her shoulder. She shed a few tears with you, her mind racing with what to say next. She pulled away, her fingers under your chin tilting it up and giving you no other choice but to look into her eyes. "You are good enough. You are more than good enough, y/n. You're amazing, so amazing. I'm sorry for what people are saying about you, I'll say something to them if you want me to. But this... this is not gonna help you."

You sobbed and looked away. "We can get you some help, okay?" Your eyes went wide as you shook your head, but Demi wasn't having any of that. "No. We need to get you help. You're not gonna be alone, we'll do it together. But I can't let you do this to yourself anymore. I love you far too much to let you."

A mix of sadness and guilt washed over you. You couldn't believe how far you had gone, how deep you had gotten.

"I love you. And I'm sorry. I'll get help, just please, don't be mad at me."

Demi pressed her lips to yours softly. She didn't feel like saying she loved you was enough at that moment. "I'd never be mad at you. You're gonna get through this, princess. I'm gonna be right by your side every step of the way." She said as she sat next to you and pulled you on her lap. She moved the towel from your wrist, nearly crying again when she saw the scars that marked your skin.

She pressed her lips to every single one of them as she whispered promises and encouraging words to you. It wouldn't be easy but it would be worth it, and you'd get through it because you wouldn't be doing it on your own.