she loses the ring

Demi woke up bright and early to sneak out of bed and downstairs. It's christmas morning and she has a special gift planned for you. So with a soft kiss on your forehead, she crawled out of bed and crept down the stairs to the tree.

It's only a little after six am, but she knows you love waking up early on christmas day and she wasn't sure how much time she had to plan the final steps out. So she pulled the small velvet box from her jacket that was hanging in the closet. She opened the box just to look at the ring once more and that's when she noticed - it wasn't in the box.

She cursed under her breath, feeling around the pocket of her jacket to see if it had somehow gotten in there but there was nothing. She began to panic and got down on her hands and knees to feel around on the floor for the ring but once again, there was nothing. She ran back to the tree and looked around for it.

She remembered that she had opened the box just last night and it was dark, but she just had to make sure it was in there. Maybe it had fallen out of the box? She didn't know but she knew she had to find it. "Demi?" Your voice rang out from behind her and she jumped. She hid the box behind her back and flashed you a nervous smile. "Good morning princess! Merry christmas!"

You smiled and walked up to her. You tried to wrap your arms around her but she gently pushed them away. "Demi? You okay?" She chuckled nervously. "Yeah baby girl, i'm perfect. How are you?" You arched your brow at her and giggled, kissing her cheek softly. "I'm good." You noticed her hands behind her back and you bit your lip, a glimmer of hope in your eyes. "Whatcha got there?"

You tried to peek but Demi turned just slightly so you couldn't see. "Hmm? Nothing." You folded your arms over your chest and Demi knew then that you were catching on quick. She sighed and took one of your hands in hers. "I had something really special planned for you but I think I might've ruined it." You frowned and stroked her cheek gently. "Don't be silly Demi, it's christmas, you couldn't have ruined anything."

She nodded her head, unsure of what to do next exactly. Should she try to push things off a little more and try to find the ring? She wasn't sure. "Fuck it" she whispered before getting down on one knee. You gasped and covered your mouth with your hand. "Okay, so there's one thing you need to know before I ask you this. I lost the ring..." she said as she held out the empty box. "And I'm really upset with myself because you're amazing and I know christmas is your favorite holiday and I wanted to make this one special for you but I ruined it and-" You cut her off by getting down on your knees and kissing her. "Yes."

Demi giggled and stroked your cheek. "You're serious? Even though I lost the ring?" You smiled and kissed her once more. "Demi, no ring could ever matter to me when it's you that is asking me to marry you. I don't care about the ring, only you." Demi smiled and pulled you in her arms. "I will get you a ring. Either I will find this one or i'm getting you a new one. Either way, I don't care. I want the entire world to know that I get to spend the rest of my life with you." You looped your arms around her neck and smiled as she pressed kisses to your jaw. "This is the best christmas ever."