double the love (requested)

Demi jumped awake at the sound of you vomiting in the bathroom.

Your nineteen weeks along now and according to your doctor, your morning sickness should've stopped by now, but it hasn't seemed to yet. You still wake up sick every morning and it still happens in bouts throughout the day. Demi looked at the time on the clock. It was just after seven am but she was wide awake now.

She patted into the bathroom and went straight to you. "Oh, baby girl." She cooed and sat behind you. Her hands moved across your back comfortingly as you continued to empty your stomach.

She heard you take in a shaky breath when you got a chance to breathe. "I'm getting scared." you whimpered and fearfully held your hand out for her to take, which she happily did. "Baby, maybe it's time to think about taking you in. This isn't really normal anymore and I'm worried about both of you."

You sniffled but didn't protest. You started to throw up again and Demi left for only a split second to grab her phone and call your doctor. She explained the situation and thankfully booked an appointment quickly. "They have an opening in about an hour. The first patient canceled today so we can go in." Demi explained when you stopped vomiting a moment later.

You stood up with her help and brushed your teeth. You moved back to the bed and laid down until it was time to go. Demi would soothe herself by moving your hands across your stomach.

You sat in the empty doctor's office together about fifty minutes later. Demi held your hand and would squeeze it from time to time when she'd sense your nerves. "I'm anxious." You sighed as you laid your head on her shoulder. "I know, princess."

She wanted to tell you that it was all gonna be okay. But it was hard to do that when she was so scared herself that it wouldn't be. She kissed your forehead and tried to keep herself calm but it was so hard to do when her mind was constantly racing.

"Y/n?"

Your doctor called your name and you and Demi both looked over at him. She stood up and took your hand, carefully walking with you back to the exam room. "So, Demi, you said her morning sickness is still going on?"

Demi nodded as you leaned back on the bed. "Yeah, it's still happening every morning and sometimes throughout the day as well. But this morning was bad. It seemed to last longer."

The doctor nodded and looked at you. "Are you feeling sick now at all, y/n?" You nodded in response, swallowing thickly to keep the sickness at bay. "Okay. Well, I'm not too worried yet. Let me just take a look at what's happening here."

Demi let you take ahold of her hand as the doctor started to move the wand across your stomach. You watched his eyebrows furrow. "Wait a second," he mumbled, and just from the look in his eyes you began to feel sick again, this time from your nerves. "What? What is it?"

"Unrelated to your sickness but... I don't just see one baby here."

You and Demi looked at each other wide-eyed. "You mean... twins?"

The doctor nodded with a smile. "Yeah. Two babies right here. Both are very healthy, by the way." You both sighed in relief but also giggled with happiness. "Wait. Can you tell what they are?" You wondered and he nodded his head.

"Yep. Wanna know?"

You both nodded excitedly. "One of each."

Demi's forehead fell to your shoulder as you both cried tears of happiness.

"What you might be dealing with, y/n is called hyperemesis gravidarum. It's not harmful, but you could be dealing with this sickness all the way through."

YOu threw your head back with a groan making both Demi and your doctor laugh. "But we'll continue to monitor things and see. For right now just try to rest. Remember to take good care of yourself, you have two babies to worry about now."

You wiped a tear away from your eye. "Can we have pictures?" Demi asked to which the doctor nodded. "Absolutely. I'll print some out for you." He excused himself out of the room, leaving you and Demi alone for a moment.

You both let out cries o happiness and stole a couple of kisses. "Can you believe it?"

"I'm so happy, y/n! Seriously, this is incredible. I love you, and I love our babies."

She kissed you again and pulled you into her arms. "We love you too, baby. Oh so much."