coulrophobia - fear of clowns (requested)

You were waiting for Demi to come downstairs in her costume. You were dressed up as Dorothy from the wizard of oz, a costume you've done before but decided to do it again because you love it so much.

You watched as Demi came downstairs, fear washing over you when you saw her costume - pennywise from IT. A clown. Your biggest fear.

No one knows about your fear of clowns. You've never felt comfortable telling anyone before because you thought people would make fun of you for it. But it was bad and just seeing Demi dressed up as a clown was a lot for you to handle. You know that it's only a costume and your girlfriend is obviously under it, but it didn't help.

You took a few steps back as she started to come closer. A smile was once on her face but was now replaced with a frown. "Y/n what's wrong?" You started to panic and took a seat on the couch. Demi sat down next to you and tried to reach out for your hand but you pulled it away and moved further from her. "I don't like clowns." You mumbled, slightly embarrassed by your confession, but you had no other choice but to tell her.

"Oh baby girl, why didn't you tell me sooner?" You shrugged, looking away from her but slowly looking back at her when she lightly brushed her thumb along your cheek. "I guess I'm just embarrassed." You slowly lifted your gaze from your lap and up to her eyes. "No princess, don't be embarrassed. You should never feel embarrassed just because you're scared of something. We're all afraid of something, but i'd never make fun of you for whatever fears you've got, alright? You trust me, yeah?" You nodded your head, closing your eyes and focusing on the feeling of her thumb on your cheek.

"Look at me princess." Demi whispered and you shook your head. "I can't." You kept your eyes closed, only opening them when something warm touched your lips. You soon realized that it was Demi's lips, the familiar feeling of her soft lips on yours making you feel a little calmer. "See baby girl? It's just me. It's only me under this costume. You can look at me, I know you can. You know i'd never hurt you." You slowly opened your eyes and stared into hers.

A few seconds passed by before you started to look elsewhere, at her makeup and her costume. Her hand was wrapped in yours and you knew that you were safe with her, despite the clown costume and makeup she has on. "I'm sorry" you muttered, trying not to cry but it wasn't easy. You felt really embarrassed telling Demi all of this. You felt embarrassed to be afraid of your own girlfriend just because she has a costume on, but Demi wasn't gonna let you be so hard on yourself just because you're afraid of something.

"Don't apologize princess. It's okay." You sat in silence for a moment before looking back at her. "Want me to change? I can find something else if it'll make you feel better." You shook your head, carefully kissing her cheek delicately. "No. I'll be alright. I know it's just you and I wanna conquer this fear."

Demi smiled and kissed your temple. "I know you can do it baby. Now c'mon, let's go to the party."

Throughout the night you encountered many people dressed up as clowns, some bringing you to tears while others just made you chuckle. Through it all Demi stayed by your side, keeping you safe in her arms, and by the end of the night you felt a little less afraid.